Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasses frames and lenses

• 29-11-2008 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

Is there any place online where you can order glasses frames but if you have your subscription they will also put the lenses into the frames

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think you may mean prescription?

vision2you.co.uk are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

My friend has ordered from here a few times and has been very happy

http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

goggles4u.com

Two pairs and no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I think you may mean prescription?

Yes prescription lenses.

Thanks for the replys

UPdate:

I bought a pair of rimless glasses from www.goggles4u.com. Cost was $25.99 (€20.48) including postage and very happy with them, perfect subscription great value for money. They come with a hard case and little screwdriver. Will buy there again and they have an offer of 15% discount for repeat customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Namesco wrote: »
    UPdate:

I bought a pair of rimless glasses from www.goggles4u.com. Cost was $25.99 (€20.48) including postage and very happy with them, perfect subscription great value for money. They come with a hard case and little screwdriver. Will buy there again and they have an offer of 15% discount for repeat customers.

I can't understand how they price them so low. My perscription is high so I went for high index glass lenses. They can cost up to €250 over here.Both pairs I got were perfect.
    I'll be using them again.

I can't understand how they price them so low. My perscription is high so I went for high index glass lenses. They can cost up to €250 over here.Both pairs I got were perfect.
    I'll be using them again.

Mine came from Pakistan and there was a invoice value on the lenses for USD $4 (For customs if they checked the contents)so maybe they can buy the frames for that and the lenses for the same and postage another couple of dollars and its just its just a case of putting the lenses on the frames and into the box and post.

Or maybe it's slave labour:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Just bought my second pair of glasses from goggles4u use code one4me for $1.30 off and got 15% for repeat customer. Came to €16.60 in total! There bendable memory glasses were great but they dont seem to have too many left.

Advertisement