Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to rent...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭kindalen

end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kindalen wrote: »
    end of.

My point was that end of might be yet a bit higher than that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

2008 Mercedes SL55 AMG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

There are next to no corners in Vegas, also the traffic on the strip is muck. Best to get the car with the best mix of comfort/straight line speed. Id imagine that the M6 will be a bit hard riding so for me it would be the XKR or the SL.

Also both are V8's (albeit supercharged) which is the least you could do if your going to be in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

You can get wheelspin in the SL600 in 5th gear at 60mph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Ferris wrote: »
    There are next to no corners in Vegas, also the traffic on the strip is muck. Best to get the car with the best mix of comfort/straight line speed. Id imagine that the M6 will be a bit hard riding so for me it would be the XKR or the SL.

Also both are V8's (albeit supercharged) which is the least you could do if your going to be in the states.

I'm hardly gonna rent a car to drive around the city....

I'll be heading to the hoover dam, round lake mead and through the valley of fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

unklerosco wrote: »
    I'm hardly gonna rent a car to drive around the city....

I'll be heading to the hoover dam, round lake mead and through the valley of fire...

The roads are still pretty straight to be fair. No hairpins.

If you're heading for the grand canyon then you'll need something with ground clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

M6. Or stretch to an F-car.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

I know it's not on the list but I second the Hertz Shelby GT350/500 recommendation. The black with gold stripes combo looks great. When in Rome and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

The 2008 SL55 AMG will be an older model, not the new one. The new model only has 6.3 and 6.5 engines.

If you can, go for the 360

• Advertisement

Of the cars in the poll it has to be the M6, fantastic machine.

Dibble wrote: »
    I know it's not on the list but I second the Hertz Shelby GT350/500 recommendation. The black with gold stripes combo looks great. When in Rome and all that.

I've been looking for it but I can't find it anywhere... Anyone got links to it??

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

This might work, it's their customer service form:

https://www.hertz.ca/rentacar/customersupport/index.jsp?targetPage=contactUsView.jsp&leftNavUserSelection=globNav_8_1

There is also a link to a list of phone numbers if you would prefer to ring them.

On their live chat at the mo finding out how to rent one...

From what I can tell u can no longer rent a Hertz Shelby... They where only out for a limited time and there's none available on the West Coast of America, they're taking the '08 cars out of service at the mo so they must have most of the retired n ready for sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Go for some high end red neck class, Ford F-150 lightening, the most fun I ever had on four wheels, these things won't go straight:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6csKecWqZ2g

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I really couldn't go over and rent one of those yokes, and that lad in the Z3 needs to be thought a lesson or two:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

2008 Mercedes SL55 AMG.

Failing that the M6.

Advertisement