Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Printing help required !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Anyone ?

everyone ?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Does your printer have a network card??

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

In theory they should work. I'd prefer the linksys.

Are your printers all-in-one or bog standard printers. From my experience, "scanner, copier, fax" models don't work too well if not at all with wifi print servers.

When you say wireless internet, do you mean a wireless internet provider as in a dish on your roof or "household" wireless (for want of a better description.

humaxf1 wrote: »
    In theory they should work. I'd prefer the linksys.

Are your printers all-in-one or bog standard printers. From my experience, "scanner, copier, fax" models don't work too well if not at all with wifi print servers.

When you say wireless internet, do you mean a wireless internet provider as in a dish on your roof or "household" wireless (for want of a better description.

Printers are just standard epson printers !
    asfor the wireless, its bog standard eircom stuff, was just concerned they might clash.

so you think the linksys out of what I posted ?
    it would be great to just send the images to the printer from in front of the telly !! :) lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i got a Netgear PS121 USB ethernet network print server a couple of months ago, it works a treat and does exactly what you're trying to do. basically, the device plugs to your router via ethernet cable and then you plug the printers USB connection into it. it adds the printer to your network and once set up anybody on the network can access it (there's 4 laptops in my house, all printing now wirlessly without fuss). mine's a refurbished one, only cost £18 + delivery on ebay. might be worth looking into

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Printers are just standard epson printers !
    asfor the wireless, its bog standard eircom stuff, was just concerned they might clash.

so you think the linksys out of what I posted ?
    it would be great to just send the images to the printer from in front of the telly !! :) lol

They wont clash at all - just make sure of your IP addressing - Its usually automatic but just make sure to see it all correctly when your installing

Advertisement