Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost...

Options
  • 29-11-2008 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Would just like you to throw your thoughts on a couple of things.

I'm a young 31, open and out guy. But, I don't have any gay friends in Dublin. I want to increase my social circle but I really dislike gay venues in Dublin. I mean, I find it torturous going to places like this. It can be hard to go in on your own looking like billy-no-mates. But, I think it should be easier for people to approach you to chat and not think a friend would be your bf. I'm no Brad Pitt, but no Shrek either. I'm very open and talkative to new people but I wouldn't approach a groups a friends already chatting, too shy for that. It just seems the bars a fully of clicky people and that's what makes it hard.

Is it the same in all bars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Hi, you should join a couple of the gay social networking sites. The two that I would recommend are queerid.com and gaire.com. By interacting on the message boards you can get to know people, and both sites have social events where members meet up. I met my partner at one such event several years ago, so it does work!

Of the two queerid definitely has the more social activity, but tends to have a young age group. Gaire has a wider age bracket and a lot of straight people too.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Reflector

join one of the gay activitiy groups. Soccer, rugby, Running. Look them up. It's a great way to meet people outside of the scene.

Advertisement