Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VMWare Question

• 29-11-2008 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking at upgrading my PC to 8GB RAM since its so cheap now and put on VMWare. I have two questions:

1) Is VMWare 64bit?

2) As one on the OS's I would like to run is Windows Home Server as well as XP or Vista all 64bit.

is this possable?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if your computer can handle 64bit OS's why don't you just dual boot instead of bothering with VMWare?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

I would like to learn how to use it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget you need a license for the host OS and for EACH virtual machine.

Unless you are running Vista Enterprise, in which case you are allowed 4 VM's
    Or running a trial OS during it's trail period.

Advertisement