Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help

Options
  • 29-11-2008 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

i love working with cars and would love to have a career working with them
    im in my last year of secondary school and i want to go to college.

could anybody recommend a course for me to do.

mechanic is da obivious choice but i want to be qualified for security..

please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Where abouts are ya?

There's an Automobile Technology course in LIT, although i heard it's not the best run course about, it would get you the qualifications. Deals with sales and other bits as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

cheers......thanks..

i was looking at mechanical engineering but its totally different to mechanics

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe you should be having this conversation with your career guidance councilor too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

LOL................ sorry for laughing but my guidence teacher is a 90 year old woman who found her degree in a box of corn flakes.............. thats why i have to turn to boards.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You won't find any degree that will give you a good grounding as a motor mechanic. If you're looking for something for security, do metalwork teaching or something like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement