Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Panda - Problem with warning light

Options
  • 29-11-2008 11:47pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭

:confused: About three weeks ago I started to notice that the break warning light was visible in the dark even when the handbrake wasn't engaged - it's not fully on, it's as if a "ghost" of a light was left there; in daylight you don't see it unless you know it's there. I was obviously very worried (call me fussy, but the breaks are one of the "accessories" I'd rather not do without...), so I immediately checked the break fluid (which is still almost full, so that's not what's causing it). Then I brought my Panda to the "vet" but I was told it's not a problem with the breaks (thank God) and that I shouldn't worry too much, but this is bugging me, they couldn't tell me for sure why this is happening, and I don't want the battery to go dead. The "ghost" light goes off altogether only about 8 seconds after I've opened the door and locked the car from the outside. I've also been told it could be static electricity that activates the LEDs, but this is weird. The worst part is that this evening I've noticed the same "ghost" light appearing on the City function and the Beams lights. :confused:

Has anyone had a similar problem/ does anyone know what could be causing this? How can I fix it?

The car is a 2006 1.1 Panda Graduate (Petrol).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes I have had the problem. It was not a fiat but I cannot remember which car it was. I think it was a Passatt. It was really weird because its an alarm as well.

I would first check the brake fluid just in case.

Oddly enough the problem went away all by itself.

I also had an Opel which had only around 2000k on the clock and I drove without slowing down through some loose chippings. The whole dash light up warning me of every possible warning. After about 15 minutes(trying to find Opel dealership) they just vanished.

Its a ghost thats all you need to know.

Im sure somebody here will be able to shed some light on the warning light.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks for that, Quirke Folder - that was weird, with the loose chippings!
    I didn't know that cars had something in common with CD players... :rolleyes:

Mmmh... maybe they should add a new chapter to the Owner's Manuals: "What to do if your car is haunted".... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There was a haunted Toyota Rav 4 for sale on Ebay. I just checked but its gone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

All haunted car quips aside, does anybody know what's causing this or how it can be fixed?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://www.fiatforum.com/panda-new

You're going to get better techs on there than you will in most Irish Fiat dealers, unfortunately. That car SHOULD be under warranty unless you do enough mileage to make mine look pathetic - but as I know from experience, you sometimes need to tell the dealers whats wrong to get it fixed properly!

My guess might be dislodged LEDs for other lights, or a backlight segment from the panel shining through the plastic for those lights, but its just a guess...

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, MYOB, and for the link too, I didn't know such a board existed.

Thankfully the warranty is still valid, and I've only about 11,000km... :D

Advertisement