Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Depot

Options
  • 30-11-2008 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Hi! Is there a main depot for An Post where they send everything to be distributed around Sligo / Leitrim? If so, where is it and is it possible to pick up our parcels ourselves instead of waiting for it to arrive. Yes, we're impatient! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The main distribution centere is in Finisklin.

This is where you pick up your parcels when they couldn't deliver them to you.
    I'm not sure if you can pick up a parcel before delivery though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

What Peasant said!
    They're pretty quick at getting the stuff out so maybe it's not there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

every time we track the stuff on the net it is always in sligo depot in 1 or 2 days then it takes 3 or 4 after that to come to leitrim so we hope we can pick it up there instead of waiting (since patience is not my strong point, specialy not when I ordered new stuff!!:D) I think they only come once or twice a week to our village. No 24 hour delivery here:( so I really hope we can pick it up before they deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

dont think you can pick up before delevery, think you need to have the missed delevery form to pick up anything, tried it once my self when was trying to get something in a hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I think they only come once or twice a week to our village. No 24 hour delivery here:(

My postman only comes up my road when he feels like it.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Officially the only way to collect from the Mail Centre is to rent a Post Office box. Unofficially you make be able to collect an item before the postman leaves on his round. You should be aware that some Sligo adresses are not delivered from Sligo Mail Centre. The inward mail comes into Sligo after midnight, all items in this dispatch should be delivered the next day. If you are not at home when the Post arrives your postperson should leave an no attendance note for you to collect the item at your delivery office. If your question is can I get my mail faster the answer probably is no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Our parcels arrived today!!! Woohooooo!! :D

Advertisement