Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET - User VS 2005 or Web Developer 2008

Options
  • 30-11-2008 12:38am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,
    I have both here on my laptop, but wonder should I use one over the other? I have framework 3.5 so not sure if it really would make a lot of difference.

Will still be developing ASP.NET

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I use 2008. It works fine with 2005 projects. If you want to use 3.5 stuff like linq then you'll be able to assuming your host/server can. I know many folks have issues with 2008 being pretty slow unless you have plenty of ram but it's fine for me on Vista with 2gig and on XP with 3.5gig.

Advertisement