Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best video games of all time

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Half Life shines for me as the best game of all time. Such addiction level, gameplay, story. All perfect.
    Tetris
    PES 2008 (PS2)
    GTA 3; Vice City; San Andreas
    SoF 2 Online
    ISS Pro Evolution (PS1)
    GTA 4 (PS3) is just missing a small piece but which would have a great impact. Almost perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Tetris

The music is still in my head

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I'm the first to admit that I have missed out in a big way on all of the big games but for me:

King's Quest (PC)
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day (C64)
    Tetris (Gameboy)
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo (SNES)
    Unreal Tournament (PC)
    GTA 3 (PC)
    Wii Sports (Wii)
    Hotel Dusk Room 215 (NDS)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Metal Gear Solid - The game that hooked me in and never let go. There is not one thing about that game that if altered, would make it better.
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Though GTA3 achieved the 3D GTA game first, Vice City perfected it and it has not been bettered since.
    Super Mario World - The first game I ever played. Been addicted to games since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

GTA 3 because it was a revolution and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City because the story, soundtrack and setting were perfect.

Half Life also worth a mention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Body Harvest - N64

Many others also, but the above, is truly fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm the first to admit that I have missed out in a big way on all of the big games but for me:

King's Quest (PC)

Terminator 2: Judgement Day (C64)
    Tetris (Gameboy)
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo (SNES)
    Unreal Tournament (PC)
    GTA 3 (PC)
    Wii Sports (Wii)
    Hotel Dusk Room 215 (NDS)

God, I'd forgotten all about Sir/King Graham's adventures. Those Sierra puzzle games were rubbish when you compare them to what Lucasarts offered Later. The puzzle solutions were usually along the lines of combine hamster and anvil to unlock door. Just googled Roberta "Master Storyteller" Williams and I'm delighted to find she's no longer working in the industry.

Favourite game of all time is probably Deus Ex.

edit: T2 on the C64? Surely they weren't still making games for that system in 1991.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

God, I'd forgotten all about Sir/King Graham's adventures. Those Sierra puzzle games were rubbish when you compare them to what Lucasarts offered Later. The puzzle solutions were usually along the lines of combine hamster and anvil to unlock door. Just googled Roberta "Master Storyteller" Williams and I'm delighted to find she's no longer working in the industry.

Favourite game of all time is probably Deus Ex.

edit: T2 on the C64? Surely they weren't still making games for that system in 1991.

At the time I was fascinated by King's Quest I must have spent days and days trying to complete it. which I never did until i cheated many years later.

And they sure were making games for C64, all the way to 1993

http://www.gamespot.com/c64/action/terminator2judgementday/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

God of War 1 & 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Civ II....ruined my life...I remember just needing to take this one city and I then I would go to bed.....daylight arrived before I made it to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

At the time I was fascinated by King's Quest I must have spent days and days trying to complete it. which I never did until i cheated many years later.

http://www.gamespot.com/c64/action/terminator2judgementday/index.html

That's because the solutions never made any sense. I remember getting my parents to buy me the hint books to finish them -the ones that had the solutions in invisible ink which were revealed by a highlighter pen.

Advertisement