Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many points should you do for single text Macbeth question?

Options
  • 30-11-2008 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I was going for an Introduction and then 4 points discussing the statement of whether MacBeth was a cold blooded killer or not and the a conclusion?

should i be doing more?

I plan to write 4 - 5 pages

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hmm, I asked my English teacher this and he said about 5/6. I'd do 5 minimum to be on the safe side, but it does depend of the question, some require more points than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

So long as you develop your points well you should be fine!

We were told 4 or 5 aswell, normally end up with about 4 and a half to 5. Some questions are easier to write on than others though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah some Qs you might have 4 really well developed points, whereas in another Q you could have 7 points but just a brief sketch of each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

It depends on what the question is really. Like if it's Macbeth as a tragic hero then you'd obviously do six, plus an intro and conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This is a tough question to answer. Think of it in terms of points rather than pages - if you've small handwriting, you might only get 3 or 4 pages but have plenty of discussion.

For Macbeth as cold blooded killer, the best thing to do is write a paragraph about each individual murder that Macbeth was responsible for, plus the introduction and conclusion. Make sure you outline how his reaction to each murder is different as he becomes more and more callous, and back up your points with quotes.
    That's the approach I'd take anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

OP- Out of interest, which way are you arguing the question?

Advertisement