Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coughing

Options
  • 30-11-2008 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for another question.

Yesterday evening one of my pups started coughing, a dry cough. She's been coughing through the night. Besides the cough she's in great form. Eating drinking playing & bashing her brothers as normal.

She has not been exposed to other dogs in the past 7 days.

Could it be the central heating maybe? Does this warrent an emergency call to the vet or woul monday be time enough to get her looked at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sorry for another question.

Yesterday evening one of my pups started coughing, a dry cough. She's been coughing through the night. Besides the cough she's in great form. Eating drinking playing & bashing her brothers as normal.

She has not been exposed to other dogs in the past 7 days.

Could it be the central heating maybe? Does this warrent an emergency call to the vet or woul monday be time enough to get her looked at?

At the risk of looking like I'm hi-jacking your thread, I'm not.

But I'm wondering about the house heating at the moment too, although my dogs don't have a cough they do have dry skin (despite a diet high in fish oils) and they're scratching a lot inthe last few days too.

Could the house heating be causing these problems, coughs & dry skin?.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I would think if she is eating and drinking and otherwise ok, you should be fine to wait till tomorrow.

If you think the air in your house is too dry, you could leave some big bowls of water about (in places the puppies won't knock them over! :D) and that might raise the humidity levels a bit.

My cat has a cough at the moment too - I'm off to start a thread about it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Mairt wrote: »
    At the risk of looking like I'm hi-jacking your thread, I'm not.
    :eek: Get off my thread.
    Mairt wrote: »
    But I'm wondering about the house heating at the moment too, although my dogs don't have a cough they do have dry skin (despite a diet high in fish oils) and they're scratching a lot inthe last few days too.

Could the house heating be causing these problems, coughs & dry skin?.
    I was told that the central heating is not good for them, but it's better than being cold I suppose. I'll just have to find a balance. I have heard that central heating can make them dry and itchy, like people I suppose.
    MsFifers wrote: »
    If you think the air in your house is too dry, you could leave some big bowls of water about (in places the puppies won't knock them over! :D) and that might raise the humidity levels a bit.

My cat has a cough at the moment too - I'm off to start a thread about it now!
    I have oil burners all over the place now with just water in them to try moisten the air. There's really not a bother on her. Still being a little trager with her brothers and with my OH who she has wrapped around her little finger. (paw?)

Hope your cat will be ok MsFifers.

Discovered that pepa's a bit of a slapper :D my dad came in and she was all like "Oh it's a MAN" snuggling in to him. Same with any of our male friends. She loves men .:)

Advertisement