Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Prepay Modem won't connect ? any advice

• 30-11-2008 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hiya. Trying to connect to 3 Broadband modem (prepay) from laptop at home. but every page says "This page cannot be displayed". (even the my3.three.ie page which you need to get onto to do the top up. This all happened since I tried installing the automatic updates from Microsoft so I guess its done something to the browser settings :( Have tried re-setting the browser to manufacturers original specs, but still won't let me on. Anyone know any suggestions on settings I need to change on the laptop to make it connect ? Thanx.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Call tech support on 1800944034

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

mark 2008 wrote: »
    Hiya. Trying to connect to 3 Broadband modem (prepay) from laptop at home. but every page says "This page cannot be displayed". (even the my3.three.ie page which you need to get onto to do the top up. This all happened since I tried installing the automatic updates from Microsoft so I guess its done something to the browser settings :( Have tried re-setting the browser to manufacturers original specs, but still won't let me on. Anyone know any suggestions on settings I need to change on the laptop to make it connect ? Thanx.

Just uninstall the MS UPDATES. See what that does (usually, update creates a restore point, and uninstall should put the registry back to pre-update state)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mark 2008

Thanks - Yeah, I gave them a call, but they weren't able to help. Its something I've accidentally done to the browser by the looks of it, cos I can get into their website from other places (work). Guess I'll have to get another one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

mark 2008 wrote: »
    Thanks - Yeah, I gave them a call, but they weren't able to help. Its something I've accidentally done to the browser by the looks of it, cos I can get into their website from other places (work). Guess I'll have to get another one :(

Hellllllooooooo....
    What windows flavour? System restore! And what 'browser' are you talking about? You make it difficult to help you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mark 2008

Hi Thanx. Its windows XP, The browser is just the window for the internet. A couple of weeks back I had this baloon box saying "updates are ready, do you want to install these updates etc". So I did and it changed the way the browser looks, and I found I couldn't get onto hotmail but could still get onto other sites. Now though I can't get onto anything. So whatever I did to the internet has gone wrong. I'll try the un-install updates and give that a try. Thnx for the advice,

• Advertisement
Advertisement