Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Benefit.

Options
  • 30-11-2008 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I was reading yesterday that the child benefit this month is delayed, due to the cancelations of payments to non-resident's. Did anyone else hear anything? and does anyone know if it is actually correct information?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Where were you reading it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

i think you are referring to the investigation into bogus claims by non residents to obtain child benefit. personally I think it a disgrace that we pay child benefit for kids living outside the state, no other country has it.

anywho the dept have put a stay on payments to those under investigation untill it has completed its task. this does not affect irish people or non nationals who are abiding by the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 justmum

seen on the net. on the Herald site. Just said that out of 70000 forms that were sent out to non nationals only some responded the rest are cancelled and that due to this there were delays with payments this month. So not sure what's happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I got mine on time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

I got mine on time too. Mine goes directly into my bank every month, it was therre Tues when I checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

MyBaby wrote: »
    I got mine on time too. Mine goes directly into my bank every month, it was therre Tues when I checked.

Same here, and since our son was only born at the end of October, and the application only gone it, was not expecting it so fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 justmum

Same here, and since our son was only born at the end of October, and the application only gone it, was not expecting it so fast.
    congrats on the birth of your son. Hope you're both doing well.

Advertisement