Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs. Arsenal Match Thread (Pride & Glory)

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Disgusted. Our form has been shocking at home recently. WE should have won that match. Piling the pressure on ourselves:(

With one shot on target. Go away out of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Well yeah, I know who he is now. Just never heard of him before.

Me neither, and they paid £9 million for him, a Russian transfer record. Serb international apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Galvasean wrote: »
    In Arsenal's current form they could be seriously embarrassed today.

4-1 Chelsea. (Gallas to score at both ends)

I like being wrong sometimes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Interesting result today. Sadly i completely forgot about the footy so i just watched some highlights. in those 10mins at least the defending on both sides looked really dodgy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Zakrze wrote: »
    ivanovich should have gone
    Not sure if it has been brought up on this thread, but Terry should have gone also for his 2 footed, studs showing, off the ground "tackle".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been brought up on this thread, but Terry should have gone also for his 2 footed, studs showing, off the ground "tackle".

Yup, but he's the England captain. Can't send him off :D

Tbh a red might have been a bit harsh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Can someone clarify if JT did actually get a card for that tackle?

I think the way it was, two players sliding saved him from the yellow. If Sagna was standing and let Terry hit him then he would have walked so I think JT has Sagna to thank in this instance.

Personally I thought Arsenal deserved the win yesterday. Chelsea were rubbish. To say Chelsea should have won is to ignore the game in its intirity. Remember the goal was an Arsenal OG and we only had 1 shot on target all day. Ivanovic should have walked for his 3 second half 'tackles'. As for the RVP goal, ok it was offside by some distance and what makes it annoying is that the linesman was bang on in line with it and the play was very close together. Give line of sight and all that this should have been one of the easier calls for a linesman to make.

Thing is though, remember Anelka's hatrick there a few weeks back? The first was offside and that was a goal that set the tide so we can't really complain. What goes around comes around and you have to live with it.

Oh and to answer the questions, Branislav Ivanovic is a serbian center half signed for 9mill, russian record for an outgoing player. Signed last year but a drastic lack of fitness and trust by Grant ment he didn't play at all until this season. As defenders go yesterday aside he has shown some decent stuff given the price! 9m doesn't buy you much these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

iregk wrote: »
    Can someone clarify if JT did actually get a card for that tackle?

He got a yellow fot it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Chelsea seem very subdued at the moment - wheres the urgency they had at the start of the season?

Drogma needs to return if Chelsea stand a chance this season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Let me put it to you this way. They are 2nd by a point at the start of December. That means there are 5 and a bit months left of football to play. Every team over the course of a season goes through good and bad periods. Over a month ago apparently Chelsea were the best team in the world because we were hammering teams. Things have slowed down a little since and now the wheels have come off or so the tabloids say.

Its a small quiet period where the team isn't firing. The fact that there is only 1 point in it is a great sign. Chelsea will kick back into gear and go on a run. Winning the league is all about timing and peaking at the right time. Now for me Liverpool have gone too soon and will fade. United are in a great position and will kick in big time from christmas on and I wouldnt' be so quick to dance all over Arsenals grave just yet.

Advertisement