Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you had to choose???

Options
  • 30-11-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Guys if you had to choose between this>>>

Intel Core 2 Quad 4x 2.4GHz Q6600 'Kentsfield'

ATI Radeon HD4870 GDDR5
    4GB RAM DDR2 800MHz Kingston
    Mainboard ASUS P5QL PRO
    MAXTOR 500GB SATA-2 HDD
    LG GH22LS30 DVD Lightscribe
    8 Channel Superior Quality Audio
    DSL Ready Gigabit Ethernet LAN
    Ankermann 905 Case | Cardreader
    600 Watt | XILENCE CPU cooler

For 669 EURO

OR

Intel Core 2 Quad 4x 2.83GHz Q9550 'Yorkfield'

NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB
    4GB RAM DDR2 1066MHz Kingston
    Mainboard ASUS P5Q PRO P45
    MAXTOR 500GB SATA-2 HDD
    LG GH22LS30 DVD-RW Lightscribe
    5.1 Channel Superior Quality Audio
    DSL Ready Gigabit Ethernet LAN
    Ankermann 905 Case | Cardreader
    600 Watt | XILENCE CPU cooler

For 799 EURO

What one would you go for???
    The pc would be mainly used for Gaming, movies, photos.

Im kind of siding for the cheaper one & I read that the HD4870 is a good card.

Thanks all:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭frozenbullet

I'd have to go for the first one because its cheaper.Tis similar enough to me own build aswell :) :
    -Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    -Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    -Corsair 650watt
    -4096MB-KIT Corsair XMS2 PC8500
    -Antec Nine Hundred
    -Club3D HD4870 Overclocked 1024MB
    -WD Caviar SE16 500GB SATA II 16MB
    -Samsung SH-223Q bare schwarz lightscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Go for the first one, hell of a pc.

Graphics card alone is worth over €200 and the difference beween a 2.80ghz Quad and 2.40ghz isnt much really.Especially when the 4870 wipes the floor with a 9800gtx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Go for the 1st one, You'd have a more powerful gaming pc with a HD4870 than a 9800GTX, the slightly slower quadcore cpu won't make any difference. Great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Nice one, Ordering now. Hopefully wont take to long to deliver.

cheers all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Nice one, Ordering now. Hopefully wont take to long to deliver.

cheers all:)

I ordered 2 over a year back and it took over 3 weeks, dont know if they have improved since then, but your looking at around 2 - 3 weeks at the earliest.

Enjoy the pc, got yourself a bargain imo.If I needed one, I would be buying that one too.

• Advertisement

Who are you ordering from ??

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Who are you ordering from ??

http://www.ankermann-pc.com/

Just a quick off topic question ... on Hardwareversand.de , where it says " Rechner - Zusammenbau " I assume that means they put the pc together right ?
    The translation for it is
    "Calculator - Assembly" The reason why im asking is it says on the website its out of stock :) ??? dont understand that

yep, www.ankermann-pc.com

Now I need to order vista 64bit version. Any recommendations on were to buy?

Infact I see Dabs & Komplett have Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Eng (SP1 OEM DVD 64bit) for about 100 Euro, its cool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Nice Spec, the only thing I'd fault it for is the MAXTOR drive.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I <3 my new 4870 - a wise choice bud, nice one.
    Just a quick off topic question ... on Hardwareversand.de , where it says " Rechner - Zusammenbau " I assume that means they put the pc together right ?
    The translation for it is
    "Calculator - Assembly" The reason why im asking is it says on the website its out of stock ??? dont understand that

I'd say that's just because of the software they're using. They want to charge for it as a product so it automatically needs to be given a stock level. They could set it to 999 I'm sure but every time someone ordered the service it'd go down, so not much point :P

As these systems are supplied without any OS, does anyone know if the driver disc(s) for the fitted components are supplied?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Try the PC configurator..

I can get one together thats a good bit cheaper than hardwareversand equivalent

Well **** for brains here went & ordered the system yesterday through paypal & forgot to include the order number. So Ive just e-mail them explaining the situation. No doubt this will add a week onto the whole order process & will include 5000 e-mails back and forth:o:mad::pac:

Well **** for brains here went & ordered the system yesterday through paypal & forgot to include the order number. So Ive just e-mail them explaining the situation. No doubt this will add a week onto the whole order process & will include 5000 e-mails back and forth:o:mad::pac:

I'd say that will be sorted easily enough (hopefully). It's a bitch when something like that happens. Probably caused by the exciting prospect of getting your hands on your lovely new rig ;)

Once you have your PayPal confirmation it shouldn't be too much hassle.

-

I'd say that will be sorted easily enough (hopefully). It's a bitch when something like that happens. Probably caused by the exciting prospect of getting your hands on your lovely new rig ;)

Once you have your PayPal confirmation it shouldn't be too much hassle.

-

Yeah I have the paypal confirmation but I think I read on this forum before that something similar happened to someone else & they ended up charging them twice. Also someone mentioned that they are real slow in getting bck to you with a reply.

Yep it was a case of just focusing on the pay pay pay button so I could play play play:rolleyes:

Yeah I have the paypal confirmation but I think I read on this forum before that something similar happened to someone else & they ended up charging them twice. Also someone mentioned that they are real slow in getting bck to you with a reply.

Yep it was a case of just focusing on the pay pay pay button so I could play play play:rolleyes:

Ah they shouldn't be able to charge ya twice with paypal. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself either cos their ordering system is pretty bad. Wouldn't even entertain em as far as CC's are concerned. They don't even have an ssl thingy at the bottom when you go to pay by this method!
    Think i might go for the same system myself cos its a nice rig!

JHet wrote: »
    Ah they shouldn't be able to charge ya twice with paypal. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself either cos their ordering system is pretty bad. Wouldn't even entertain em as far as CC's are concerned. They don't even have an ssl thingy at the bottom when you go to pay by this method!
    Think i might go for the same system myself cos its a nice rig!

Yep, I have been reading reviews for the last month or so now & this system spec for the price seems to be very good. Only for the help & the advice from the peeps on boards I prob would have went for an overpriced D*ll.

Just in case anyone wanted any info on delivery times>>>> I ordered my pc on the 30/11/08 & it arrived on the 10/12/08 so thats not bad at all. I was expecting at least a 3 week wait. One snag though, im sitting here with a new pc, new monitor & GTA iv BUT no operating system:( I ordered vista around the same time as I ordered the pc but when I went to check the order status on Komple** it said my order history was empty. So Ive just ordered from Dabs. Hopefully if should arrive by next mon or tue. :rolleyes:

Lastly, there is a information sheet of paper with the pc in german. It mentions somthing about windows xp. It hardly came with XP did it:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Just in case anyone wanted any info on delivery times>>>> I ordered my pc on the 30/11/08 & it arrived on the 10/12/08 so thats not bad at all. I was expecting at least a 3 week wait. One snag though, im sitting here with a new pc, new monitor & GTA iv BUT no operating system:( I ordered vista around the same time as I ordered the pc but when I went to check the order status on Komple** it said my order history was empty. So Ive just ordered from Dabs. Hopefully if should arrive by next mon or tue. :rolleyes:

Lastly, there is a information sheet of paper with the pc in german. It mentions somthing about windows xp. It hardly came with XP did it:confused:

try one of those online translator thingy's. it probably meant it's XP ready...

• Advertisement

try one of those online translator thingy's. it probably meant it's XP ready...

Will do. I reckon you hit the nail on the head there

Cheers

Dude thats weird i order on 01/12 and it arrived 09/12. Ended up getting exact same system. I also ordered Vista 64 bit off them which i kinda regret. Apparently its all legit it has a dell upgrade DVD with license key but it looks f&ckin unproffessional man. I hope I've no trouble. Haven't had a chance to set her up this week but I'm sure I'll get round to it at some point this weekend.
    Also picked up a couple of the Dabs value monitors 22" and I have to say they are great value for the money. So much so my brother asked me to get him one. Only thing they don't come with a DVI cable (just vga) so I'll have to pick up a couple of them prob off dabs. But the HD4870 on that rig has two dvi outs so its perfect for the dual monitor setup i want.

Anyway later dude and good luck with the new system.

JHet wrote: »
    Dude thats weird i order on 01/12 and it arrived 09/12. Ended up getting exact same system. I also ordered Vista 64 bit off them which i kinda regret. Apparently its all legit it has a dell upgrade DVD with license key but it looks f&ckin unproffessional man. I hope I've no trouble. Haven't had a chance to set her up this week but I'm sure I'll get round to it at some point this weekend.
    Also picked up a couple of the Dabs value monitors 22" and I have to say they are great value for the money. So much so my brother asked me to get him one. Only thing they don't come with a DVI cable (just vga) so I'll have to pick up a couple of them prob off dabs. But the HD4870 on that rig has two dvi outs so its perfect for the dual monitor setup i want.

Anyway later dude and good luck with the new system.

If you get yours set up over the weekend let us know how she runs:)
    The box of the mobo arrived with little connections and cables in it along with a cd for gfx card and a cd for mobo, Any idea what these are for???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Hey i'm just wondering why you got that one rather than this.......

http://ankermann-pc.shops4ecommerce.de/shop/sp.php?artnr=82483&extrahtml=1&

just seems to me that you paid too much just for the hd4870
    It's hardly worth 130 euro more than the hd4850 is it?

Effluo wrote: »
    Hey i'm just wondering why you got that one rather than this.......

http://ankermann-pc.shops4ecommerce.de/shop/sp.php?artnr=82483&extrahtml=1&

just seems to me that you paid too much just for the hd4870
    It's hardly worth 130 euro more than the hd4850 is it?

Well I wouldn't consider myself tech savvy so from what I read on the boards & other sites the HD4780 seemed to be the best card for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

It just seems a bit extortionate!

Like you can get a hd4870 512mb for around 200 euro now...

while a hd4850 512mb is around 150.

it just seems like alot

Advertisement