Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenomena Bathroom Water.....

Options
  • 30-11-2008 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to drink this from your en-suite bathroom in Gleno??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

i did, terrible hangover & didn't think i'd make it to the kitchen.
    I'm still alive if that helps? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Of course it's possible. It's also possible to drink from the lake. I think you're wondering if it's safe...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Bui

Absolutely not! If you're that lazy that you can't be bothered going to the kitchen then maybe invest in a few liter bottles of water to keep in your room!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Bui wrote: »
    Absolutely not! If you're that lazy that you can't be bothered going to the kitchen then maybe invest in a few liter bottles of water to keep in your room!

So you're saying its unsafe to drink it....like will I get a nasty disease etc etc??

MuddyDog wrote: »
    So you're saying its unsafe to drink it....like will I get a nasty disease etc etc??

He doesn't know at all, he's just making stuff up. If it's mains water, which it probably is, then it's the same as drinking from the sink in your kitchen. I don't know how you'd find out, exactly, but I think it's most likely the same water.

(self response: "He doesn't know at all either, he's just making stuff up too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Bui

passive wrote: »
    He doesn't know at all, he's just making stuff up. If it's mains water, which it probably is, then it's the same as drinking from the sink in your kitchen. I don't know how you'd find out, exactly, but I think it's most likely the same water.

Ha actually unfortunately I do know, lived there myself for three years... It's not mains water in the bathrooms it's storage tank which means it is not fresh and if you take a look in the resident's information booklet they give you it specifically says that you should not drink the bathroom water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I have a friend who got really stoned and decided it would be a good idea to drink from those taps. Haven't seen him in lectures since. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

passive wrote: »

You generally have two sources of water; drinking water that comes from the mains up to the tap, and other water thats stored in a tank (usually in the attic).

The reason you dont drink the latter is because a)it can become stagnant, and b) the tank is often accessible to rodents.

Its a good rule of thumb that the water in the bathroom sink is the same water being used for the shower and to flush the toilet (its just a lot handier plumbing wise), and one shouldnt drink the water in any bathroom for the above reason.

Bui wrote: »
    Ha actually unfortunately I do know, lived there myself for three years... It's not mains water in the bathrooms it's storage tank which means it is not fresh and if you take a look in the resident's information booklet they give you it specifically says that you should not drink the bathroom water.

well then... I apologise! I was aware of the 2 supplies, tank vs. mains, but I thought with the high water turnover of an apartment complex it probably wouldn't be lying stagnant or have the same system as a house..

And your previous post didn't seem to indicate any source for your certainty, it just sounded like the bathroom = icky of all the others... Didn't know it was in the booklet!.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

MuddyDog wrote: »

Yes you will catch some diseases, most notably the ghey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

It's fine. It kinda tastes like you'd imagine the lake water would but then so does most of the water on campus.
    passive wrote:
    but I thought with the high water turnover of an apartment complex it probably wouldn't be lying stagnant
    And you'd be right. Maybe a bit iffy after the Christmas break until the system comes back to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

betafrog wrote:
    Doesn't stop the rats pissing in it though....
    No there's a sign over the tank that reads:

Water Tank
    Rats, as you can see there is no 'P' in our water tank
    so please keep it that way.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

I lived in Gleno in my final year and drank the bathroom water for the whole year and I'm fine. In fact, I never once took water from the kitchen as the bathroom water tastes way nicer. It must have been all that rat pee!

I live in Proby now and again am constantly drinking from the bathroom. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

It's good for the immune system.
    Unless you have a shoddy one

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

muddydog id drink any water if you were getting it for me!!!!

Advertisement