Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bought something from UK supplier, where do i stand?

Options
  • 30-11-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

hi folks, bought an electronics item online about two weeks ago from a uk supplier, using their website. I was told prior to ordering the item all items were brand new on their site ( its a commercial shop)....

Item arrived , but it was a second hand item, lightly used.... i called the supplier at the time, and they offered to discount the item, which i accepted, with the condition " that it was ok and working"... they refunded me 100 stg back on my card...

the item has now broken down, and i contacted them friday pm... they said they would contact me monday, and tell me what they are going to do..

question:
    where doi stand? can i demand, that they supply me a new one as i originally ordered? and take back the refund?

I paid by credit card..... any ideas what i am entitled to?

cheers....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Honda08 wrote: »
    hi folks, bought an electronics item online about two weeks ago from a uk supplier, using their website. I was told prior to ordering the item all items were brand new on their site ( its a commercial shop)....

Item arrived , but it was a second hand item, lightly used.... i called the supplier at the time, and they offered to discount the item, which i accepted, with the condition " that it was ok and working"... they refunded me 100 stg back on my card...

the item has now broken down, and i contacted them friday pm... they said they would contact me monday, and tell me what they are going to do..

question:
    where doi stand? can i demand, that they supply me a new one as i originally ordered? and take back the refund?

I paid by credit card..... any ideas what i am entitled to?

cheers....
    open to correction on this but i would think as you accepted their discount on finding out the item was used/second hand you are not entitled to anything as usually there is no guarantee with second hand goods

Advertisement