Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any use for burger fat?

• 30-11-2008 2:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

I cooked four quarter pounders in the frying pan yesterday. On two occasions I drained off the grease / fat into a separate container.

The burgers tasted fine but I am wondering what to do with the fat. Can it be used as a stock to maybe make a meat soup? - like the way you use chicken stock.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Can it be used as a stock to maybe make a meat soup? - like the way you use chicken stock.

No. Fat isn't used for stock anywhere.

Juices from roasting a joint have the fat separated and be then used for stocks or gravy, the fat separated from those juices would most likely be disgarded. This is maybe what you're thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I mix it with seeds/bread and put it out for the birds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You can use it like butter on toast, great taste beef dripping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I cooked four quarter pounders in the frying pan yesterday. On two occasions I drained off the grease / fat into a separate container.

The burgers tasted fine but I am wondering what to do with the fat. Can it be used as a stock to maybe make a meat soup? - like the way you use chicken stock.

You could make biscuits and gravy, like this lad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R7NT-KC6Xs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Save it for frying other stuff, probably more healthy than many veg oils which can turn into trans fats when heated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sakigrant

I would throw it away. Can't be healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I mix it with seeds/bread and put it out for the birds.

You may find that it is quite high in salt and not suitable for this. ;)

Advertisement