Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Bill Pay (iPhone Tariff)

• 30-11-2008 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi,

Couple of quick questions on O2 Bill Pay (€65 iPhone Tariff):

If I sign up for this particular rate, is my phone number tied into it until my contract expires? I've had the same number for almost 9 years and I really don't want to change it so what I want to know is, if I terminate my contract in 18 months, or when ever it expires, can I then change networks taking my phone number with me? (I'm on Meteor pre-pay at the moment).

Also

The fact that you only get 150 texts per month is a bit of a joke, to say the least, so can I use free web texts like you can on pre-pay options? Do you get 300 per month?

I’ve been talking about getting an iPhone for weeks now but couldn’t decide between pre-pay and bill pay. Think this might be the week though…

Thanks all :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hi,

If I sign up for this particular rate, is my phone number tied into it until my contract expires? I've had the same number for almost 9 years and I really don't want to change it so what I want to know is, if I terminate my contract in 18 months, or when ever it expires, can I then change networks taking my phone number with me? (I'm on Meteor pre-pay at the moment).

Also

The fact that you only get 150 texts per month is a bit of a joke, to say the least, so can I use free web texts like you can on pre-pay options? Do you get 300 per month?

I’ve been talking about getting an iPhone for weeks now but couldn’t decide between pre-pay and bill pay. Think this might be the week though…

why not try get 1 from italy, that way you can stay with meteor?

if u do go with o2, bill pay option is way better value..and yes when u are done with o2 ofcourse you can take ur no. with u if u decide to go back to meteor or any other network...

have u looked at the blackberry storm? some think its as good/better than iphone, tho it doesnt have wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nameandanumber

Thanks for that Cojomo2.

A friend of mine was given the Storm last Friday through work but he just needs to sync his email with it before he can use it. I'll have a look at it then but I think I'm pretty much decided on the iPhone, the lack of WiFi is a huge drawback IMO.

Italian iPhone ey? What are the pros and cons of that? Do you not lose functionality attached to the O2 service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Thanks for that Cojomo2.

A friend of mine was given the Storm last Friday through work but he just needs to sync his email with it before he can use it. I'll have a look at it then but I think I'm pretty much decided on the iPhone, the lack of WiFi is a huge drawback IMO.

Italian iPhone ey? What are the pros and cons of that? Do you not lose functionality attached to the O2 service?

well the pro is that its not networked locked as it is illegal in italy for networks to do this..u shouldnt loose any functionality, just pick ur favourite network and plan and pop in the sim..no 18 mnth contract, and if u travel abroad u dont have to pay silly roaming rates, just simly stick a local sim in and ur away.

con..warranty..apple only repair/replace phones in the country they were purchased, so if u were unlucky enough to have a major problem, to get it replaced or sorted under warranty, you would have to bring it back to where u got it-italy...also getting ur hands on 1..buying off ebay is risky and travelling to italy isnt cheap!(im still doing it tho..next week.)

overall i thinks it a runner, if ur willing to take a little risk regarding warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

cojomo2 wrote: »

con..warranty..apple only repair/replace phones in the country they were purchased, so if u were unlucky enough to have a major problem, to get it replaced or sorted under warranty, you would have to bring it back to where u got it-italy...also getting ur hands on 1..buying off ebay is risky and travelling to italy isnt cheap!(im still doing it tho..next week.)

overall i thinks it a runner, if ur willing to take a little risk regarding warranty.

In fairness though, I think the little risk regarding the warranty is probably one of the most important things when you're talking about a product with a touch screen the size of my tv! anything happens to that and you could be up sh*t creek. Personally, I wouldn't take the chance and I'd go with O2.. Just my opionion though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Hi,

Your number can be transferred at the end of the contract without hassle.

You can get the Eirtext application that allows you to use the 250 Webtext messages so all in all 400 messages a month ain't too bad. Plus any additional messages are only charged at the standard rate

• Advertisement
Advertisement