Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Montane extreme/Rab VR

Options
  • 30-11-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi

I see from previous posts that some of you have experience of the above smocks.

I'm looking at getting one of them for winters in Ireland and possibly Scotland. I like the Pertex/pile concept and use a Driclime windshirt much of the year.

I'm leaning more towards the Montane smock but am worried about it being too warm for anything above 0c. Is this the case and should I consider the Rab vapour rise which I think is lighter/cooler ?

Any opinions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I own both.

If you think you'll be sitting around waiting on a stove to heat your lunch, or hanging around on a campsite late at night when it's freezing cold, go for the Montane. It'll also be ideal for Scottish winters.

If you're planning to only wear it while you're moving, with a heavy load on your back, go for the Rab instead. But don't expect it to keep you very warm if you stop for long.

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

thanks for that Gil. Think I'll go with the Montane

Advertisement