Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cry For Help!

Options
  • 30-11-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Ok,

Im starting to lose faith in the poker gods.

I moved from party to Ipoker for rakeback around the start of Sept. My BB/100 was 3.5 there.

Now after 47.5k of hands at Ipoker im -0.5. Now when i look at my expected ev i know that ive been getting unlucky with some hands but even taking this into consideration im nowhere near where i shoul be.

I have studied videos via Dueces Cracked, used the plugging leaks articles on HM and posted hands (95% of the time i played the hands that way they should have being based on the feedback from posting these hands) but im still struggling.

I have attached a few stats and would appreciate some feedback on them. I would also appreciate if anyone would could offer some advice / tools (is there anything i can upload my HM stats into and it spits out advice) / prayers to help restore my faith in this game!

Thanks

Thanks in advance.

http://s335.photobucket.com/albums/m458/knobbo999/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg

http://s335.photobucket.com/albums/m458/knobbo999/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Set a filter for hands were you call a 3b. I would imagine you are leaking quite a bit of money there.

Both images are the same btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

You're playing way too many hands from the SB. Just because you're getting a discount does not make calling with rags profitable. You're going to be OOP for the rest of the hand and, given your low W$WSF, I'm guessing you don't play limped pots anywhere near aggressive enough to be showing a profit.

When you do complete from the SB it's important to be taking loads of stabs at pots; anytime you have a pair, draw, decent backdoor draw, it's a dry board, etc. just fire out and pick up the pot. Cut down your completing range to something like broadways, pairs, SCs, suited gappers and suited aces and maybe some of the stronger offsuit aces like A8o or A9o.

Your W$WSF is low which means you're playing weak tight. You don't double barrel enough, you don't c/r enough. Your low agg% along with your medium AF shows me that you play extremely fit or fold. Best spots to double barrel are when an overcard to the board turns, start bluffing more in those spots, avoid bluffing when a board card pairs. Best spots to c/r bluff are when you have backdoor equity and/or overcards or gutshots, etc. So something like KsQs on Jh7s3c or 9h8h on the same board. Follow up whenever overcards to the board fall or your equity improves, like on a offsuit 9 or T or spade with KQ or on a 6 or 5 or heart with 98.

Stop calling 3bets so much, you're probably not getting 3bet light that often and you're probably not playing your hands aggressively enough postflop to show a profit.

Also you're only flopping sets 11.2% of the time, this should be 11.75%, try to get better at flopping sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

digiman wrote: »
    Both images are the same btw

Click on the next image in the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

easiest thing to do is tighten up a bit pre, looks like you're calling too much, your vpip and prf should be closer together.

• Advertisement

RedJoker wrote: »
    Click on the next image in the album.

thanks. OP should look for fish like image 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

RedJoker wrote: »
    Also you're only flopping sets 11.2% of the time, this should be 11.75%, try to get better at flopping sets.

lol

Advertisement