Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any quizzes coming up?

Options
  • 30-11-2008 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭

Any pub quizzes coming up? Seems to be the time of year for them but haven't heard any thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have you asked in any of the pubs? (not ment to be a smart answer ..)

Or you could check some of the parish newsletters maybe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

You could keep an eye on this thread, or this one I suppose, might be something local in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Was only asking to see if any parents on here might know of their kid's schools having quizzes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Oops sorry, dont know of any.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

Any pub quizzes coming up? Seems to be the time of year for them but haven't heard any thing.

There will be a pub quiz taking place in the Paddocks Pub on Thursday Feburary 19th - More details to follow shortly!

• Advertisement

Beechman wrote: »
    There will be a pub quiz taking place in the Paddocks Pub on Thursday Feburary 19th - More details to follow shortly!

cheers BM!

Beechman wrote: »
    Beechfield Estate Residents Association

are holding it's first

Pub Quiz

in

The Paddock's Pub

at 8pm

on Thursday

February 19th

€10 PER HEAD ONLY TO ENTER QUIZ !!!!

Proceeds from the evening will be used to fund the following in your estate !

Clean up days

Family days

Planting of trees / flowerbeds

Purchase of community tools

Signage inc.. Children at play,Neighbourhood Watch etc...

Upkeep of Beechfield

&

supporting the work of B.E.R.A.

Prizes for the winners on the evening include

Dinner for two at a local restaurant

4 ball at Hollystown Golf Club

Bottles of Wines , vouchers

plus lots more !!!

A raffle will also be held on the evening with lots more prizes

A donation will be made from proceeds of the evening to St Benedict's National School , Beechfield's local primary school.

We look forward to welcoming all Beechfield Residents , your family , friends and anyone else to this community event.

For further information or if you wish to donate a prize for the raffle please e-mail beechfieldra@gmail.com

COME OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY ON FEBRUARY 19TH

Is it 4 per table?

Is it 4 per table?

Yes , four per table

Anybody on boards / Dublin 15 going to this quiz ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

I shall be there with 3 of my intelligent friends!

Thats great, are you a regular at pub quizzes ? Great raffle prizes on the night!!!!

Not that it matters but are you from the estate ?

Not really a regular, but when I do I usually win something:D. Last one was in the Clonsilla Inn and between us we won Whiskey ,a golf shirt and a bottle of wine! Its a good buzz !

Not from the estate but down the road in clonsilla. Surely you wont hold that against me? :(

Not from the estate but down the road in clonsilla. Surely you wont hold that against me? :(

Not at all , all the better !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The Strawberry Beds Residents' Association is holding a table quiz on Friday 27th February in the Strawberry Hall.

It is 20 euro per table of four people. Quiz kicks off at 8:30pm sharp.

LuvlyJubbly. I will be there too.:D

I shall be there with 3 of my intelligent friends!

did you go ? or anyone else on this forum ?

Yep,a good night. I couldnt believe how busy the pub was.! Our team came third. It was a tie for 2nd place then we had the tiebreaker.How many islands in the British Isles? Doh. Thousands apparently.:) Anyway we got 3rd. Bottle of Baileys and 3 bottles of wine:D. That team who won were very serious. Methinks they are "serial quizgoers"! Oh, I also won a prize in the raffle. Butchers voucher for 30euro. A leg of lamb this sunday Ithink:D. By the way ,were you there?

Yep,a good night. I couldnt believe how busy the pub was.! Our team came third. It was a tie for 2nd place then we had the tiebreaker.How many islands in the British Isles? Doh. Thousands apparently.:) Anyway we got 3rd. Bottle of Baileys and 3 bottles of wine:D. That team who won were very serious. Methinks they are "serial quizgoers"! Oh, I also won a prize in the raffle. Butchers voucher for 30euro. A leg of lamb this sunday Ithink:D. By the way ,were you there?

GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE NIGHT AND YOU WON A PRIZE !

YES i WAS THERE, SITTING QUITE CLOSE TO YOUR TABLE !

• Advertisement

:D That was me with the hair:eek:!

I was there too, on the team that got second :D Yeah the team that got first were getting full marks in a lot of the rounds.
    Its 5002 islands in the British Isles by the way :D
    Could have done with out the long raffle in the middle though.

I was there too, on the team that got second :D Yeah the team that got first were getting full marks in a lot of the rounds.
    Its 5002 islands in the British Isles by the way :D
    Could have done with out the long raffle in the middle though.

Thanks for coming Tony 2 tone ! glad you enjoyed the night ! I take on board what you said about the raffle,went on a bit alright ,we got so many prizes but hey we know the next time !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

There's a quiz in the Roselawn Inn next Tuesday (Feb 24th) around 8pm. It's raisinbg money for a little lad locally who is in a wheelchair but gettiung therapy to hopefully walk again. Well worth supporting and a good night out I'm sure.

Advertisement