Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend away down the country , any suggestions?

• 30-11-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Hey im in donegal ,and im going away for a weekend somwhere down the country.
    What place is good to go for a weekend, Im in my twenties and looking for good night life and the craic.
    Was thinking of westport ,or tullamore maybe
    I have been out in galway and dublin recently so dont want to go there again.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Tullamore???Don't do it!!!
    Westport is very popular for stags and hens at the moment, if that's your idea of fun,likewise Kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Athlone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

lol whats bad about tullamore ,i heard mullingar is good too.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Was there Friday. Got removed from the club foe being too drunk. -1
    athlone whats it like , whats the talent like ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sure go to Belfast.
    It's not far from you and it's a great place.

Either that or Westport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Pangea wrote: »
    athlone whats it like , whats the talent like ;)

Seemed alright and were actually pretty chatty. Not the usual stuck up types.

micmclo wrote: »
    Sure go to Belfast.
    It's not far from you and it's a great place.

Either that or Westport

im not familar with belfast,
    anywhere specific? nightclub etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Even though its across the border, wife and I spent a weekend in Belfast.
    Had great fun and the massive Oniplexe right in the city (the name escapes me) had everything in it for entertainment.
    (The only bummer was the slightly earlier closing hours)

As the rates are low at the mo maybe now is the time to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

if you were thinking between westport and tullamore, i would say westport would be the better overall location, with good mix of pubs, plenty decent places to eat and stay, bit of scenery out the road, nice atmosphere round crimbo. tullamore is good for a night out, tullamore court is a great hotel to stay/ eat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Pangea wrote: »
    im not familar with belfast,
    anywhere specific? nightclub etc.

There are a few decent clubs, names of which escape me now. The only one I remember is Limelight which is good. I think most nights it's metal though, dunno if that's your cuppa tea

• Advertisement

Waterford. Sure its only a spin down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Might be a bit of a trip, but Cork city is the dogs bollox :) Carlow is good too, but not at the weekends :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Athlone... It has the river, the shops, the castle and the restaurants and nightlife!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,481 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Kilkenny........nearer dublin than any of 'em and I live here so it's great :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

mfitzy wrote: »
    Kilkenny........nearer dublin than any of 'em and I live here so it's great :D:D

Carlow is nearer... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 poolac

mfitzy wrote: »

can you recommend a good cocktail bar/ fun nightclub (chart r&b music not dance) for a girlie weekend pls?! thanks :)

Advertisement