Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At home to Wigan in FA cup.

Options
  • 30-11-2008 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Happy enough with that draw...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

tippspur wrote: »
    Happy enough with that draw...

Decent draw although they can play a bit.

Even if not selected for TV, this could switch to the Sunday as Woolwich are also at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Decent draw although they can play a bit.

Even if not selected for TV, this could switch to the Sunday as Woolwich are also at home.

Knowing the freemasons FA they'll rule that we'll have to switch our game unless Murdoch Enterprises Sky decide to take it as a live one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I am glad we draw a EPL club as it won't look so bad when we go out - better to loosing to a 2nd div team. YES, I said when we go out because I really hope arry puts out a really weak side and we get stuffed - WE HAVE to realise the dire situation we now face and MUST put ALL our efforts into to staying in the EPL - Sorry but the FA Cup is a luxury we can not afford this year!

My Starting team

Ceasar

Gunter---Dawson---Dervite---Bale

Tarrabt--Ghaly---KPB---Bostock

Obika
    Campbell

bench, Alnwick, Rose, Allen, Matandari, Gilberto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

John W wrote: »
    I am glad we draw a EPL club as it won't look so bad when we go out - better to loosing to a 2nd div team. YES, I said when we go out because I really hope arry puts out a really weak side and we get stuffed - WE HAVE to realise the dire situation we now face and MUST put ALL our efforts into to staying in the EPL - Sorry but the FA Cup is a luxury we can not afford this year!

My Starting team

Ceasar

Obika
    Campbell

If I thought that Rednapp would be party to this type of nonsense I'd seriously consider throwing the towel in. Winning is a habit and the more games we win the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

My Starting team

Ceasar

Obika
    Campbell

You know when you glance at a post really quickly with exactly reading it I thought that this was the team you would play against them.

I thought your mind is well and truly lost John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brozio

My Starting team

Ceasar

Obika
    Campbell

no way, we have to put out a strong team. spurs have always been a cup side. I'd take a good run in the cup that will boost confidence over getting knocked out and having rested players any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

brozio wrote: »
    no way, we have to put out a strong team. spurs have always been a cup side. I'd take a good run in the cup that will boost confidence over getting knocked out and having rested players any day.

Totally agree 100% this is the fa cup we have to put out a strong team,we will not be involved in a scrap come march april IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If we do that were in the same boat as teams like Bolton,Reading etc who have done this kind of thing in the past..no thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Furhtermore it would be total disrespect to our history in this famous cup if we did not try our best to lift it again COYS.

brozio wrote: »
    no way, we have to put out a strong team. spurs have always been a cup side.
    Which cup would that be, the EUFA Cup, The Carling Cup or the FA Cup? I know most of you disagree with me, but I think staying up has to be the priority! And I disagree with the people who said we will be safe come Feb - Have you seen us play lately, we are not playing well, and have not for a long while. I am sorry but we can not afford to use energy and risk players on the FA cup this year, it is a long hard road and as I said one we can not afford the luxury off this year! Maybe the Carling as we only need 3 more games to win it, but the FA cup is a long ole slog and to be honest I wouldn't see us winning it anyway.

Harry should use the cups (as he has a little bit already) to play some of the players who are not getting games and rest the ones we need to help us STAY IN THE EPL!

You have heard my opinion, I have heard yours - I guess we will see what Harry's is and what he's intent is when we see the team to play in our cup games - personally I think you will not see a full strength team in any cup, unless we get to semi's that is :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Maybe the Carling as we only need 3 more games to win it :eek:

4?

ruiseal wrote: »
    4?
    Oh right home and away in the CC:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Sorry John, have to disagree with you on this one.

The FA Cup has always been special to Spurs fans and I think the manager/club would be doing a dis-service to the supporters by neglecting this competition.

I agree that our current EPL situation is still not good, however I feel that we have enough strength to comfortably finish mid-table and if we can then nick one of the cups then we'll get another season of eufa cup.

COYS

Advertisement