Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating Oil STOLEN

Options
  • 30-11-2008 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Does any one know of any thefts of home heating oil in Mullingar? Filled up tank 3 weeks ago and its empty:( I am FUMIING

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

heard about people going around doing that for a few years now. Girlfriend thought hers was robbed aswell until she figured out there was a hole in bottom of tank lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Nope, no hole, no smell. I only put the heating on for an hour in the morning, and maybe an hour in the evening.The bloody thing is empty. I am so mad I could cry. In fact I am crying :( and freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

crying and freezing lol. Think ya can get some sort of lock for the tank. Some scumbags around

A lock is no good to me now....I have no more money for any more oil :(:( I am truly pi**ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

get a loan from credit union or bank and pay it off over the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

Sorry to hear that OP, the neck of some fecking scumbags. I know of this happening to people last year and even a mechanic mates garage a few years back where they stole from his diesel tank. A few people of the pikey persuasion were seen in a van hovering around his driveway that night but no-one got lifted for it in the end.

What part of town are you in may I ask?

I live opposite Loreto, right by the canal.... I am so so angry - I just cant believe it. Dont know how the hell it was gotten, either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

Same thing happened to me in Ennis.
    Lots of shady characters knocking around.
    I'm not sure there's much you can do but if you're female I'd be glad to keep you warm for a few nights:D
    (I'm good like that!)

dragona wrote: »
    I live opposite Loreto, right by the canal.... I am so so angry - I just cant believe it. Dont know how the hell it was gotten, either.

I'm guessing that they had a van with one of those bulk liquid containers in it (the type you see in farmers fields or on building sites), parked up round the back. Then run a length of hosepipe to the tank and pump out the oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Cheeky f*ckers. Happened to a friend of mine a couple of years ago, luckily he disturbed them before they could get the oil out. Having a dog helps.

• Advertisement

GKidd wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me in Ennis.
    Lots of shady characters knocking around.
    I'm not sure there's much you can do but if you're female I'd be glad to keep you warm for a few nights:D
    (I'm good like that!)

Awwww ;) If it stays freezing, I may well take you up on that! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

Awwww ;) If it stays freezing, I may well take you up on that! :D

Lol, Deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Unfortunately it seems to be fairly rampant with the price of kerosene so high. I got a lock for mine last week. Although my house is in the middle of the street with houses all around it, seems to be houses that have back onto a green area or lane that are at the most risk.

I posted earlier this year looking for best deals in Mullingar and someone posted back saying Jones Oil will do a pay by month deal meaning you won't have to fork out 800 quid to get a decent fill.

There's one small crumb of comfort, the price of heating oil is falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Perhaps you could claim for it on your home insurance?

nhughes100 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it seems to be fairly rampant with the price of kerosene so high. I got a lock for mine last week. Although my house is in the middle of the street with houses all around it, seems to be houses that have back onto a green area or lane that are at the most risk.

I posted earlier this year looking for best deals in Mullingar and someone posted back saying Jones Oil will do a pay by month deal meaning you won't have to fork out 800 quid to get a decent fill.

Thanks - that is good to know. What sort of lock did you buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

watch out for neighbours with long hoses;)

One of my neighbours has the best solution, the oil tank is in the corner of the dog run and is inaccessible without walking through the dogs. ;)

More by accident rather than design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Thanks - that is good to know. What sort of lock did you buy?

I just bought a regular lock that you'd use to lock your side entrance with, it's not perfect but it will just put them off that little bit, criminals always look for the easy target. Head down to Atlantic or Smyth's hardware and tell them you need to lock your oil tank. Just spray it with a little wd-40 oil to begin with as locks left outside all the time are inclined to sieze up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Try to keep it on-topic please. Encouraging violence will not be tolerated on this forum, nor will racism of any kinda.

Only warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

lock not much good if they drill a hole in the side of your tank as they did in a mates case :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

yes my partners was robbed and she lives not far from kilbeggan..scumbags

Advertisement