Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shirt and Tie colour for Navy Suit

• 30-11-2008 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I bought a dark navy suit recently, but have been having problems getting a good shirt and tie to go with it (i'm male by the way).
    This is made a bit more complicated by the fact that i have ginger hair (no jokes please!).

I have a plain white shirt, but it is a bit boring.
    I have a light blue shirt but i would look like a garda in a blue shirt and navy suit.
    I don't think pink or purple shirts go with red hair.
    I could get a white shirt with blue stripes, but then i wouldn't know what kind of tie to get: If it is blue, would i be like little boy blue, and if not would it look weird to have a whole new colour in there?

Summary:
    Any suggestions for colours of shirt and tie to go with a dark navy suit, for a ginger man?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Stick with white shirt, use the tie to liven it up

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

If you get a shirt that has white, blue and another colour, you can get a tie which is blue & the other colour, or just a plain tie in the third colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

When I've been buying shirts and ties I've never once stopped and thought 'will this go with my hair?', to be honest.
    Anyways, a white shirt is a safe classic look. I'd liven it up with a royal blue tie, a pink tie, or even a navy tie with white flecks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

With a navy suit go for a plain white shirt and a red 100% silk tie. It looks the business. Black shoes and socks as well by the way!

Advertisement