Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who goes first - Ince or Keane? Hoped you voted Keane - All discussion in here

• 30-11-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

So who is it then? I pegged Blackburn about 2 months ago as a team in trouble having seen them live a few times on SKY etc. and their results since pretty much have only confirmed my earlier opinion. Ince has done nothing to impress me to date and I cant see where its all going to change.

Roy has obviously spent a few quid and has made some astute signings over the summer, Cisse and Malbranque being two that spring to mind, but the results arent coming. Next game Man U away :eek: His recent comments havent done anything to make me think he will see it out if it gets much worse, if someone doesnt make his mind up for him!

Ince has kept his head down where Keane has been brutally honest in his assessment as per usual. Both teams have tough games coming up next but I think the Blackburn board might snap before Roy does?!

Will Keane walk? 24 votes

Yes - today
    0% 0 votes
    Not today but sometime soon
    45% 11 votes
    No, not this season
    16% 4 votes
    Mick McCarthy!
    37% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Would like to see how Ince would do with even half the money Keane has.

As for who will go first, can possibly see keane walking away if results do not pick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

i predict that if roy walks out on sunderland it will lead to the longest thread of all time on the soccer forum!!! especially if cristiano ronaldo says a word about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

There are a few other managers in trouble aswell, Hughes for one I'd say. He's spent a good bit and arent exactly doing impressive. But I'd say Ince too. Keane will walk rather than get fired I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Keano just mentioning makes me think he is seriously considering it. Not sure if he will last the season but one thing for sure is they wont fire him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Sparky Hughes ftw :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I vote for a "Roy Keane Management Speculation" subforum - or sticky at the very least. If you agree, quote this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I vote for a "Roy Keane Management Speculation" subforum - or sticky at the very least. If you agree, quote this post.
    Only if we have one for Mick McCarthy too.

Savman wrote: »
    Only if we have one for Mick McCarthy too.

Oh yeah, such an addendum has exciting implications imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Big Phil ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Seperate sub forums just headlined with the words, Keane, Saipan and Ronaldo would get too muck traffic and the internet might explode...not on your computer or anything, i mean a worldwide explosion of the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Paul Ince is the first black guy to manage a premiership team. They won't be able to sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Paul Ince is the first black guy to manage a premiership team. They won't be able to sack him.

Guess you've never heard of this guy: gullit.jpg

_39066491_tigana_getty245.jpg

Well done Lloyd....between the 2 of us I think we completed the list:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Roy Keane will walk in 6/7 months time after getting Sunderland a mid table finish so his reputation will still be decent (good considering his playing career rep) and he can hope to get a new job at prob a slightly bigger club when one becomes available.

think you meant, hes the first black guy called Paul ince to manage a premiership team;)

Roy Keane will walk in 6/7 months time after getting Sunderland a mid table finish so his reputation will still be decent (good considering his playing career rep) and he can hope to get a new job at prob a slightly bigger club when one becomes available.

who would have him?

Can't see them finishing mid table tbh. Will be interesting to see where he will goes next, can't see it being a bigger club though.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    who would have him?

If I wanted to get promoted out of the Championship, and quickly, he'd be the man imo.

• Advertisement

think you meant, hes the first black guy called Paul ince to manage a premiership team;)

Paul Ince is black :eek: can't say I ever noticed ;)

If I wanted to get promoted out of the Championship, and quickly, he'd be the man imo.

that not count as a step down?:rolleyes:

campaignart(kickitoutlogo).jpg

who would have him?

Celtic

that not count as a step down?:rolleyes:

I didn't say he'd earned a step up!!

Nunu wrote: »
    Celtic

And winning the title this year may not even be enough to keep Strachan there - particularly if Keane is doing nothing other than taking the dogs for a walk*...

*I mean run obv :)

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Can't see them finishing mid table tbh. Will be interesting to see where he will goes next, can't see it being a bigger club though.

well that is his plan it seems and he hardly wants to go to a smaller club but which bigger cklub? who knows, the way premiership football is several managers could be sacked/walk before the summer.

and afterall Sunderland are only 2 points behind city atm, the table still hasnt settled this year and they could finish anywhere from 9th to 18th but once again thats IMO

Celtic woould also be a very viable option and one that could also be used as a stepping stone to better things back in England.

Keane should join United as Fergies assistant and learn the ropes from the master.

redout wrote: »
    Keane should join United as Fergies assistant and learn the ropes from the master.

lol. Yes, there would be no obvious downsides to such an arrangement that I could see. None whatsoever...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

lol

That was not sarcasm it was totally serious. He is not fully prepared for the premiership and going under fergies wing could help him a great deal and he could even replace him in several years. Roy Keane will manage United someday.

Roy Keane will manage United someday.

Maybe Paul Ince will.

That was not sarcasm it was totally serious. He is not fully prepared for the premiership and going under fergies wing could help him a great deal and he could even replace him in several years. Roy Keane will manage United someday.

I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Paul Ince is black :eek: can't say I ever noticed ;)

I didn't know Ruud Gullit was black till it was pointed out to me.

Roy Keane is white though right?

;)

• Advertisement

no,grey

so anyone else missing from the list:

Tigana (fulham)
    Gullit (Chelsea)
    Ince (Blackburn)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Tigana (fulham)
    Gullit (Chelsea)
    Ince (Blackburn)

That is the full list as far as im aware,

what i think the first poster who mentioned it meant, he is the first Black British person to manage in the premier league

Im a blackburn fan, although we were very unlucky today, 2 dubiously dissalowed goals, the luck seems to be running against them, but i suppose you make your own luck,

it has all the hallmarks of the season we went down,

i didnt want ince as a manager, he has done well in his previous jobs, and i dont blame him for taking the job - but i think its too much

also i dont know who would be there to take over?

to answer the original question,

id like it to be Ince, but i think roy will walk first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I for one will never support the baggies again if Roy the Legend leaves

Tigana (fulham)
    Gullit (Chelsea)
    Ince (Blackburn)

I suppose our very own Chris Hughton in a caretaker capacity could be included.
    Dun laoire wrote: »

I've read this 5 times and I'm completely lost? Somebody explain it to me please.

• Advertisement

it has to be sarcastic humour cos otherwise this supposed Sunderland (Black cats) fan thinks that his club not West Brom are the baggies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Dun laoire wrote: »

The baggies are West Brom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Chris Coleman managed Fulham as well. He's pretty black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well in that case what about Phil Brown? No one could have that good a sun tan! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Gvien the tight nature of the Premiership, I would be suprised to see upheavel at ANY premiership club this season

Hughes will go before both!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Zola next I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Hughes will go before both!

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Zola next I reckon

How could any chairman call Zola into his office and be cold enough to sack him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Which Keane? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement