Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who goes first - Ince or Keane? Hoped you voted Keane - All discussion in here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Defo Keane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Roy Not Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Des wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the end of the obsession.

I hear Ray Houghton and Ronnie Whelan are gonna take over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone wanna give me odds for Keane? I am very confident that he will walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Trilla wrote: »
    I hear Ray Houghton and Ronnie Whelan are gonna take over

lol

lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Sposs wrote: »
    Just reported in the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/7764671.stm

Very strange move after all the money he has spent. Buy hey thats Roy Keane.

Thats terrible. :D

Cobh Ramblers are actually looking for a manager so Im sure he will have a chance there. Will be a bit of a change on the old budget though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Cue the calls for making him Sellik manager.....please! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

If he's walked due to 'self doubt' well fair enough. But I'd be highly surprised at his lack of resolve, and it wont do his reputation any good. A touch of the Kevin Keegans about it.

If he's been pushed, its madness. Gained promotion, kept them in the league, and is far from relegation this season. Has been a very bad run for a while, but defo premature action if he's been pushed. Unless he's been told to steady on witgh his comments about his tenure at the club and refused, thus making his position untenable. Hopefully all will be revealed soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Could he not have stuck around till after Christmas. Very disapointed to hear this.
    He's my favourite player of all time but I've lost a lot of respect for him for throwing in the towel like that, they're not in big relegation trouble, there's very little between teams on 15 points (3 of them I think) and all the way up to 7th or 8th place.
    He might not be able for it as a manager and that's fair enough but he's done the wrong thing quitting this early in the season, unless he was pushed.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

i was hoping he'd get relegated:(

delighted he's gone though, now he might shut up and not give his oppinion on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is this some sort of sick joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sunireland no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Roy Keane Eats Bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

At least his dog will get a good walk now,

so what next for roy?

he should try and become the apprentice pundit on Rte,

or failing that start up Radio Roy.

An excellent, well thought out, educated post.... you must have went to private school.

You'll have to find another bandwagon now Mr.

No seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

it's being reported by all the major news agencies. Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

JimiTime wrote: »
    If he's been pushed, its madness. Gained promotion, kept them in the league, and is far from relegation this season. Has been a very bad run for a while, but defo premature action if he's been pushed. Unless he's been told to steady on witgh his comments about his tenure at the club and refused, thus making his position untenable. Hopefully all will be revealed soon.

nonsense, the guys spent obscene amounts of cash on predominantly rubbish

• Advertisement

juvenal wrote: »
    it's being reported by all the major news agencies. Crazy.

It's being reported on 5 threads here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I've now cast my vote in the poll

the sunderland job has sam allardyce name all over it imo

Koy Reane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Temporary Roy Keane sub-forum time, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Massive Keane fan, very disappointed. what next for the man?

• Advertisement

bryanjf wrote: »

United manager hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭git_ireland

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=2556

Find it strange that nothing is quoted here bar the change Keane will have to make for Gordon

Cup of coffee?

Shave?

Have a nice Xmas with the family?

Become an astronaut?

The list of possibilities is, literally, endless.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

An excellent, well thought out, educated post.... you must have went to private school.

You'll have to find another bandwagon now Mr.

bit over the top.

yea sammy A will be sniffing around and even if blackburn boot ince I reckon this would be the job for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

his contract would have finished at the end of this season, and there's no indication that he has any offers anywhere else; so it doesn't make much sense unless he's decided to quit management altogether. I'll be interested to see what reasons are given. Unless there's some genuine medical or serious personal stuff going on it was a really lousy thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

It'll be an interesting press conference if the journos grill him over all the money he spent. It looks like he's doing it to save face and credibility so that he might be in a position to stay managing in the premiership, doubt he'll want to go back to the Championship again. The whole Sunderland not being able to attract the big players excuse has to be top of the list IMO. I can kind of see his point, must be very annoying trying to sign big names with the money he's had only being told to fook off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

No defending this flake now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Cup of coffee?

Shave?

Become an astronaut?

And no doubt there'll be endless threads on here talking about which of his endless possibilities that he decides to embark on.

5 threads about Roy leaving mg

im going for 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Cup of coffee?

Shave?

Become an astronaut?

Actually, you might have a point there. Maybe he just wanted some time off at Christmas?

Can't imagine where he'll go next. I'd assume Blackburn will be the next job available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Well theres that question answered. As bad as Rovers are, they look a bit more confident in Ince than they should be. He could be there a while yet.

5 threads about Roy leaving mg

im going for 6

there's already six

spiderdan wrote: »
    It'll be an interesting press conference if the journos grill him over all the money he spent. It looks like he's doing it to save face and credibility so that he might be in a position to stay managing in the premiership, doubt he'll want to go back to the Championship again. The whole Sunderland not being able to attract the big players excuse has to be top of the list IMO. I can kind of see his point, must be very annoying trying to sign big names with the money he's had only being told to fook off.

In all fairness that's what management is! being refused players - I think he has a good enough squad there to stay respectable mid-table...to pack in now is unbelieveable.

Roy Keane is a quitter, he walked out on his country and now he has walked out on Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

dean whitehead?

there's already six

yaaaaaaaa

i win

what do i win

• Advertisement

Roy Keane is a quitter, he walked out on his country and now he has walked out on Sunderland.

You can fish all you like, but people around here are tired of that kind of talk.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dean whitehead?
    Close but you're way off!

yaaaaaaaa

i win

what do i win

A Roy Keane themed thread.

Go on, make one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

What future for the "won't be shaved until we win a game beard"!?

He could end up looking like Methuselah by next year if he doesn't get a new job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Hopefully that is the end of his career.
    He was a great player but seriously flawed character and not cut out for management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Helix wrote: »
    nonsense, the guys spent obscene amounts of cash on predominantly rubbish

Your well entitled to hold that opinion, but I disagree fervantly. He bought players when in the championship, and they won the thing. In season 1. He kept them in the Premier league, arguably more difficult than winning the championship. This season, he's improved his squad no doubt, and Sunderland have improved. Better points haul etc this season. By no means do I think he's proved himself shrewd in the tranfer market, but I think his tranfer 'issues' have been exploded out of proportion.

Can I ask, would you be moderate in this? Or are you one of those who doesn't like Keane? If the latter, pardon me if I treat your opinion as toilet roll. If moderate, I merely disagree with your assesment:)

I hope I don't get banned for this thread...... ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

David O Leary for the Sundireland job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

In all fairness that's what management is! being refused players - I think he has a good enough squad there to stay respectable mid-table...to pack in now is unbelieveable.

wtf. Quitter ? Thats a bit strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Given the money he spent its hard to say that he did a good job a sunderland. I wonder if he'll ever get back into management with another club. I suspect not.

Advertisement