Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who goes first - Ince or Keane? Hoped you voted Keane - All discussion in here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Sunderland website has gone down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dave! wrote: »
    I hope I don't get banned for this thread...... ¬_¬

reporting as we speak

lol only joking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dave! wrote: »
    I hope I don't get banned for this thread...... ¬_¬

Farcical if you do.

Farcical if you don't.

I wouldn't have banned you if I was mod.

DES FOR MOD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Nyron Nosworthy?

heard the chelsea scouts were very impressed by his breathtaking performace against bolton.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

In all fairness that's what management is! being refused players - I think he has a good enough squad there to stay respectable mid-table...to pack in now is unbelieveable.

Roy Keane is a quitter, he walked out on his country and now he has walked out on Sunderland.

zzz :rolleyes:

Des wrote: »
    DES FOR MOD!!

1+

_42010256_keanedog270.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Nissan cut production
    Nissan extends production cuts

Nissan has extended its cutback in production of two models at its Sunderland plant.
    The firm announced in October that it was planning a two-week freeze in production of the Note and Micra models, to be followed by a further three weeks short working.

The production freeze began on October 27 and the three weeks of short working

But the company is to continue four-day working on line two, which makes the Micra and Note, for the foreseeable future.

The third shift introduced to produce the Qashqai is still in place and 24-hour production is still running.

But Saturday overtime working on line one, which produces the Qashqai, has been stopped and the occasional Friday off introduced. The downtime on both lines will be made back later on the plant's flexible overtime arrangement.

The situation will be reviewed week-by-week to ensure the factory is able to respond to any economic changes.

Boss Trevor Mann said the plant was performing satisfactorily, despite the economic downturn.

"We are doing okay," he said.

"It is extremely tough, as everyone is aware. We will be watching the
    market very, very closely."

The decision to cut back production was intended to ensure the factory did not end up with too many cars or parts on its hands until the cashflow in the economy picked up.

"When there is no credit around, you can't afford to have your cash sitting around in inventory," said Mr Mann.

Sunderland is not the only Nissan plant to feel the effects of the economic downturn.

At the same time the production freeze on Note and Micra was announced, the firm also revealed it was calling a temporary halt to production at its factory in Spain, which makes the Pathfinder and Navara 4x4 models and Renault Traffic vans.

The Barcelona plant introduced a one-week total production freeze and eight weeks of short-time working.

:pac:

some people need to chill a little.

Triggs for manager of Nissan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Mother Theresa.

Well, I'd say Dunphy is stewing in his own smugness.

Ince

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

He should join the RTE panel. Relegate Ronnie Whelan to the B team. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The third shift introduced to produce the Qashqai is still in place and 24-hour production is still running.
    First time i've seen Nigel not having a negative impact...

*yes, its a stretch

Tom65 wrote: »
    He should join the RTE panel. Relegate Ronnie Whelan to the B team. :p

imagine dunphy and Roy on the same table :eek:

wow that be brilliant

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    *yes, its a stretch

:eek:

Brutal tbh.

You should leave soccer forum for a week in shame.

Don't worry, I'll make 5 ~Rebel~ Has Left threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did someone say... bad photoshop job? :D

67876.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

heh, i thought it was good... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Have to say he was poor as a manager. Made lots of bad buys. Paid big money for the likes of Diuff, Ferdinand, Tannio, Reid and then didn't play them. His team looked like a pub team last Saturday. Way too flakey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Thread of the day.

No wait. It's sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Des wrote: »
    Ince
    1000/1? Tempted? 100000/1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

JimiTime wrote: »
    Your well entitled to hold that opinion, but I disagree fervantly. He bought players when in the championship, and they won the thing. In season 1. He kept them in the Premier league, arguably more difficult than winning the championship. This season, he's improved his squad no doubt, and Sunderland have improved. Better points haul etc this season. By no means do I think he's proved himself shrewd in the tranfer market, but I think his tranfer 'issues' have been exploded out of proportion.

Can I ask, would you be moderate in this? Or are you one of those who doesn't like Keane? If the latter, pardon me if I treat your opinion as toilet roll. If moderate, I merely disagree with your assesment:)

i dont dislike keane as such, i dont like him either, im wholly indifferent to the chap so im exceptionally moderate

for the money hes spent, he has delivered little. look at phil brown, steve bruce, tony pulis & david moyes for starters, who have spent a mere fraction of what keane has, and have delivered quite a bit more imo

lets have a look at keanes signings in the last 2 years:

Teemu Tainio
    Nick Colgan
    Pascal Chimbonda
    El Hadji Diouf
    Steed Malbranque
    David Healy
    Anton Ferdinand
    George McCartney
    Michael Chopra
    Kieran Richardson
    Dickson Etuhu
    Paul McShane
    Craig Gordon
    Andy Cole
    Kenwyne Jones
    Ian Harte
    Danny Higginbotham
    Jean-Yves Mvoto
    Phil Bardsley
    Rade Prica
    Andy Reid

hes spent over £70m and theyre in the bottom 3

its not like spurs either, where they managed to make a profit in transfers, its been a constant bleeding of funds on rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Boooo, mods got there before my joke could be properly realised. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

say it ain't so Joe Roy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dunph on Newstalk reckons he should do some punditry. Him and Souness could be fun - they could take it in turns to beat Eamo to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

First pictures of Keane leaving Sunderland

keaneleaveswv1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Christ I was going to go and see them play an all, not going now no way, any other prem teams with Irish manager.
    Newcastle it is then booking flights and tickets, Kinnear, Given and Duff. C'mon the toon.
    If they sack Kinnear, I hope Wolves get promoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

KevIRL wrote: »
    First pictures of Keane leaving Sunderland

keaneleaveswv1.jpg

Great pic :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Anyone think Sunderland should try and get Owen Coyle, he's record is pretty damn impressive although he may not want to leave Burnley at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I was already in a great mood but this.....well, this just tops it all off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Helix wrote: »
    i dont dislike keane as such, i dont like him either, im wholly indifferent to the chap so im exceptionally moderate

Grand so.
    for the money hes spent, he has delivered little.
    If winning the championship in your first season and maintaining premiership status is little. Not little in my book.
    look at phil brown,

Certainly looks like a good season for him. Think of Ipswich a few seasons back. Or even Sunderland. Storm the league in season 1, then deteriorate into relegation. Not saying this will happen, but you know what I mean.
    steve bruce,

The man has quite a few years under his belt. Also got relegated with Birmingham. Think he's a good manager, but he's had some years of experience now.
    tony pulis
    Hmmm.
    david moyes

Moyes has certainly made Everton a steady Premiership team. Usually around the Uefa cup places, but like Alan Curbishleys Charlton, a safe bet to maintain Premier league status, not a hell of alot more.
    for starters, who have spent a mere fraction of what keane has, and have delivered quite a bit more imo

its not like spurs either, where they managed to make a profit in transfers, its been a constant bleeding of funds on rubbish

Firstly, Keane had instant success. Not many complaints about his signings when he won the championship after taking over when they were rock bottom. As for the Spurs thing, Spurs had players worth something. Sunderland didn't. Keane had to go out and buy a team practically, and do it very, very quickly. Whatever you say about his signings, he won the championship, and maintained premier league status. I think people fail to see the whole pic. I mean he was/is not a failure (Unless he walked away due to 'self doubt'. then I'd say he is a failure.)

Teemu Tainio
    Nick Colgan
    Pascal Chimbonda
    El Hadji Diouf
    Steed Malbranque
    David Healy
    Anton Ferdinand
    George McCartney
    Michael Chopra
    Kieran Richardson
    Dickson Etuhu
    Paul McShane
    Craig Gordon
    Andy Cole
    Kenwyne Jones
    Ian Harte
    Danny Higginbotham
    Jean-Yves Mvoto
    Phil Bardsley
    Rade Prica
    Andy Reid

2 wins away from being in the top 10! He spent that money on practically a new team. Some dodgy signings, and some good signings. The form at the mo is unacceptable, thats for sure. But they are only 11 points behind Arsenal. I just find the idea that he is inept as a manager given the success he's had. I mean, he hasn't failed at anything has he? Last season, surely survival was an acceptable achievement. What was expected this year? European spot? Seriously, his record is very good. Yet the daggers were just waiting in the wings IMO.

JimiTime wrote: »
    2 wins away from being in the top 10! He spent that money on practically a new team. Some dodgy signings, and some good signings. The form at the mo is unacceptable, thats for sure. But they are only 11 points behind Arsenal. I just find the idea that he is inept as a manager given the success he's had. I mean, he hasn't failed at anything has he? Last season, surely survival was an acceptable achievement. What was expected this year? European spot? Seriously, his record is very good. Yet the daggers were just waiting in the wings IMO.

Before i get to part I've quoted trying to belittle David Moyes record defending Keane is laughable, Moyes has forgotten more about management than Keane will ever know.

Now the part I've quoted above if all this is true and everything is as rosey as you've painted it why the fcuk has Roy walked again??? Even he knew he was out of he's depth but the auld Roy brigade still cant accept it, patethic really, probably be some nice value in Sundireland jerseys on ebay tommorrow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mick McCarthy on Sky Sports news after becoming manager of the month

Probably one of his best days ever now

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »

+1 absolute quality, mark the date in the calender methinks, just when i thought the smile on my face couldnt get any wider!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Ah he didn't do insanely badly there.

I wonder who Sunderland could get now?

Ah he didn't do insanely badly there.

I wonder who Sunderland could get now?

bookies favourites is sam allardyce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Helix wrote: »

Teemu Tainio
    Nick Colgan
    Pascal Chimbonda
    El Hadji Diouf
    Steed Malbranque
    David Healy
    Anton Ferdinand
    George McCartney
    Michael Chopra
    Kieran Richardson
    Dickson Etuhu
    Paul McShane
    Craig Gordon
    Andy Cole
    Kenwyne Jones
    Ian Harte
    Danny Higginbotham
    Jean-Yves Mvoto
    Phil Bardsley
    Rade Prica
    Andy Reid

That is no where near £70 million, in fact at least 3 of those players were free and a few more undisclosed.

Where you getting the 70 from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

bookies favourites is sam allardyce

Mark my words...Dave O Leary

• Advertisement

Killme00 wrote: »
    Mark my words...Dave O Leary

we'll so whose right ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Steve 'Stan' Staunton

Boggles wrote: »
    That is no where near £70 million, in fact at least 3 of those players were free and a few more undisclosed.

Where you getting the 70 from?

That list is only half of the 41 players that he signed and infact the figure he spent is closer to £80m, but of course with all this crap lately of ''undisclosed fee'' it is not possible to have an exact figure but the Sunderland board have bandied the £80m figure about themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Before i get to part I've quoted trying to belittle David Moyes record defending Keane is laughable, Moyes has forgotten more about management than Keane will ever know.

Never belittled him, not intentionally anyway. Think he's been great for Everton and certainly thrumps Keanes 2 and half years of management with his 10. The point is, what is success? Moyes hasn't won anything, struggled for consistancy at the start, yet we hail him as a good manager. Something I agree with. Yet Keane, who in his first year of management, not only does he win promotion, but wins the championship, from starting at rock bottom. Then he keeps them in the premier league. This season is far from disaster also, but the knives are out to say he's sh!t?! It reeks of just Anti Keane BS!
    Now the part I've quoted above if all this is true and everything is as rosey as you've painted it why the fcuk has Roy walked again???

Never said it was Rosey, but you seem like so many who just see Keane as a 'For or Against'. A more moderate approach, IMO, will reveal that he's certainly done well in his 2 years in management. Achieving something in both of them. As I said, his record speaks for itself. If he walked because of 'self doubt' then that is the first proper failure he's had in management. However, seeing how we don't know the full story yet, I'll reserve judgement on that.
    Even he knew he was out of he's depth but the auld Roy brigade still cant accept it, patethic really, probably be some nice value in Sundireland jerseys on ebay tommorrow ;)

What is pathetic, is people who are so emotionally attached to a football player that they can't see the woods from the tree's.

If you think he's good, you're part of the Roy Brigade.

If you Don't, Your part of the Anti-Roy Brigade.

Well, I'm a football fan who thinks Roy Keane was a great player with some admirable attributes and some attitude issues also.

As a manager, I think his record has been very good.

Now, that is a moderate approach, backed up by my analysing of the evidence. So stick your 'Roys brigade' firmly up ur..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Unearthly wrote: »

Yo, anyone got any links to a thread from when McCarthy was sacked as manager of Sunderland a few years back with them way adrift at the bottom of the premiership? :rolleyes:

If Mick can arise from footballing death, I bet Roy can too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Good ol' Dunphy, always quick to seize on an opportunity to be "edgy" and "controversial". Just on Sky Sports News and he basically said what he's been saying for the past week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Steve 'Stan' Staunton

tut tut tut

its Steve "The Gaffer" Staunton.:rolleyes:

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yo, anyone got any links to a thread from when McCarthy was sacked as manager of Sunderland a few years back with them way adrift at the bottom of the premiership? :rolleyes:

If Mick can arise from footballing death, I bet Roy can too.

But it should be alot easier to stay afloat with £80m, McCarthy had no money what so ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

I wish people would stop bangin' on about the amount of money Keane's spent. He a bought a load of players for that money. A top club would only get 4 or 5 max for that amount of money. Besides, he's hardly going to attract the best of Europes talent to Sunderland is he? He's punching his weight (or was) in the transfer market and an overhaul of the Sunderland squad was what was needed when he took over.

Allardyce to be his successor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Good ol' Dunphy, always quick to seize on an opportunity to be "edgy" and "controversial". Just on Sky Sports News and he basically said what he's been saying for the past week or so.

Looking for a new jobs perhaps. "I've jumped ship baby"...

• Advertisement
Advertisement