Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who goes first - Ince or Keane? Hoped you voted Keane - All discussion in here

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

D.S. wrote: »
    Probably bullsh!t but an interesting piece of "gossip" from tribalfootball..

It's in The Sun also so it must be true!

Fair play if it was actually a kung fu kick. Beats the cr4p out of Ferguson's boot throw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Manager loses it in dressing room shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Des wrote: »

Ha, while it's most likely bullsh!t I don't exactly see Roy as all sweetness and light in the dressing room either - particularly on the back of this season's performances..

Roy won't be a "great" manager in my view unless he learns the softer skills of management. Instilling confidence, looking after players who are going through a bad patch.

Look at Ronaldo and Ferguson. It has been v v v rare that Fergie has ever publicly disregarded either Ronaldo's performances or behaviour even though at times it has been suspect. Reason?? Because Ronaldo is a pure confidence player and can turn a game so you fuel his ego and protect him as much as possible from negative media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Des wrote: »

You'd never do that, Des, would you? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

nipplenuts wrote: »
    You'd never do that, Des, would you? ;)

My budget doesn't stretch to a tactics white board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

In retrospect having listened to all the guff over the last 24 hours. My own humble opinion is that Keane was an outdated manager basing himself on Cloughie and an early edition of Fergie, but times and footballers change and the fearsome respect he had as a player was lost over the last two years, the only person who feared and respected him was Niall Quinn. Players are overpayed sensitive souls that live on a different planet who do not take criticism well, (reactions to referee's decisions, respect etc) and Keane obviously cannot handle disrespect. He's old school and another question is, is he that intelligent? His rants to the press about everything and whilst they are entertaining sometimes he's better off keeping quiet.
    I liked Keane as a player, am 50/50 on Saipan, but he's too dour, strict, old fashioned to be a manager, and yet he was a success.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

From my reading of what its read maybe...

Sunderland didnt have full confidence of Keans handelling transfers but def wanted him as there man, were considering getting someone in to "help" keen with transfers and keane didnt like this, they decided to go ahead and employ someone despite keane not agreeing.. Keane started saying he could finish with sunderland in 6/7 months a la his contract, Sunderland didnt like this wanted to set down and tell roy how he is to handle himself, roy kinda kicked off because they werent handelling themselves correctley in his opinion. Roy'd suggest that him not having total control of transferes was never mentioned when he took the job and that he wouldent do the job if that was the case, Sunderland pointed out they are about to make it the case, Roy walked.

hehe I should be a Journo its easy to make plausible bullplop up.

problem with the Roy Keanes of this world is no new manager is really going to walk into the biggest of jobs, and I for one remember the grieviences Roy Keane had on how the FAI was run even as regards of Transport, Facilities, Budget, Location etc and that was when he was a player. Im sure clubs like sunderland have their own problems that now as a manager will drive the guy nuts Unfortunatley for him he has no choice and has to manager at teams like this because the Man utd of this world are going to wait till your successfull before rolling out the carpet for you as a manager, no matter how you did there as a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

D.S. wrote: »
    Roy won't be a "great" manager in my view unless he learns the softer skills of management. Instilling confidence, looking after players who are going through a bad patch.

Ronaldo is a pure confidence player and can turn a game so you fuel his ego and protect him as much as possible from negative media.

Good points, although I think Ronaldo always has confidence. Fueling his ego does help, but the main person who does this is himself!

Keane could have gone easier on some of his players though. As all the pundits around are saying, he doesn't cope well as his players are not as good as he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Loco wrote: »
    Good points, although I think Ronaldo always has confidence. Fueling his ego does help, but the main person who does this is himself!

Keane could have gone easier on some of his players though. As all the pundits around are saying, he doesn't cope well as his players are not as good as he was.

Fúck Em, going on the píss and missing training because they couldn't be arséd, fair play to Keane, those bástards only work 15 hours a week as it is and get paid ridiculious money, at least Keane was honest about it and consistent.

I don't think Keane ever had a go at anyones ability, but the fundamental task of turning up on time he went to town on and fair play to him.

Ferguson, Rafa, Wenger, etc wouldn't put up with that unprofessional behavior, no other manager should either especially when there are people livelyhoods at stake.

Keane has his faults but not being soft enough on players was not one of them.

PS.

Whatever about Ronaldos ego or penis stroking, appartently he is the best trainer at the club and always puts in the extra effort which ultimately shows on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Boggles wrote: »
    Whatever about Ronaldos ego or penis stroking, appartently he is the best trainer at the club and always puts in the extra effort which ultimately shows on the pitch.

Any link to a player/manager saying this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Amazed if Ince is still the manager for Blackburn's next game.

Blackburn players obviously aren't taking their plight too seriously as they have been on the pi$$ in Temple Bar for the day :eek:

(Ince nowhere to be seen btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Sizzler wrote: »
    Blackburn players obviously aren't taking their plight too seriously as they have been on the pi$$ in Temple Bar for the day :eek:

what does a teams christmas party have to do with how seriously they take their current league position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's a difficult situation really... Ince could be good, but obviously he's not having the immediate impact which is needed to get them out of the relegation zone. Maybe the Blackburn chairman will take a look at Spurs and think "so if we just get an experienced manager he'll take us out of the relegation zone in about 5 matches" and give Ince the boot. It's all well and good giving Ince the opportunity to build a team and in 3 or 4 seasons they'll be a force to be reckoned with, but I couldn't see him being given that time if it means they're in the Championship next season.

Shame really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Helix wrote: »
    what does a teams christmas party have to do with how seriously they take their current league position?

Not sure where you work but I'm not aware of many employers would lay out an all expenses paid 2 day booze up for staff who are performing so badly. I dont begrudge them a night out I just dont think its sending out the right message to the club and its supporters thats all, they are Pro's and should be trying to put things right.

Also dont agree with the backroom staff having their day out cancelled when the 1st team squad were over here for the wkend.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2037328.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Ince sacked as expected...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7784967.stm

Blackburn Rovers have have sacked manager Paul Ince after a run of six successive league defeats.
    More soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just saw on Guardian that the Board had issued a statement.

Pity, Inces' error was to not stay at MK Dons for another season or two, they were perfect for him - monied enough to allow him some errors while still going up the divisons.

Advertisement