Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curried roast shoulder of lamb recipe.

• 30-11-2008 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Very, very tasty indeed. Here's how it's done.

• Buy a nice shoulder of lamb and a jar of Patak's Tikka Masala curry paste.
    • Rub the curry paste onto the surface of the lamb and work it into the inside of the joint also until the surface is completely covered. (You might want to wear gloves for this as the paste can stain your hands and fingernails up pretty bad.)
    • Place in a baking tray with a little water, cover with tin foil and place in a pre-heated oven at Gas 4 for 2.5 hours.
    • In the meantime, chop up some onions, garlic, red pepper and mushrooms.(About 2 onions, one pepper and 3 cloves of garlic)
    • Remove from the oven, carefully remove the tin foil and savour that wonderful aroma, mmmm:o.
    • Place joint on a chopping board and drain juices into a bowl.
    • Start cooking up some Basmati rice.
    • Fry the garlic and onions in a little oil with a nice heaped tablespoon of the tikkas curry paste, add the meat juices and a half a large pot of natural yoghurt and mix it up. (I find Glenisk yoghurt to be the best:))
    • The add the chopped mushrooms and peppers and simmer until the mushrooms are done.
    • When the rice is done, dish it up onto plates, carve up the lamb and place the slices on top of the rice.
    • Ladle up a nice helping of the curry sauce over the lamb and rice.
    • Serve with a nice big dollop of natural yoghurt and some freshly chopped coriander, lovely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

looks pretty good sgt, might give this a try. since i am a bugger for punishment i think i will make up the curry paste myself, use one of jamie's recipes from his new book.

Advertisement