Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the most famous person you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Gaahl, Bill Steer, Lemmy, Kerry King, to name a few from the music business.

Steve Davis, Ken Doherty through poker, then a rake of other poker pros on top of that.

And Denis Behan, Cork striker...

Met Sean Og a few times as he's in the same dept as me business account but he can go **** himself with the rest of the striking hurlers. Pricks the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I met the singer with Feeder at the signing tent at ****** (they were by far the biggest band willing to give their time to it) total legend!
    I was wearing a Foo Fighters tshirt and he was saying how he loved them as well,went to see them in London etc.
    Then during the gig he actually played some Foos! :eek: :cool:
    I maintain they played it coz of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

lee_arama wrote: »
    Gaahl, Bill Steer, Lemmy, Kerry King, to name a few from the music business.

Steve Davis, Ken Doherty through poker, then a rake of other poker pros on top of that.

And Denis Behan, Cork striker...

Met Sean Og a few times as he's in the same dept as me business account but he can go **** himself with the rest of the striking hurlers. Pricks the lot of them.

Ha... I see your pun and raise you....... dammit, I got nothing, should have thought this reply through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Winona Ryder
    Bruce Springsteen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Brian May, James Brown, when i met James Brown i got his autograph and he told me to 'be cool and stay in school!' haha legend i was only about 15 when i met him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I think we should discount Irish 'celebrities' and footballers. They just don't count.
    Hugh_C wrote: »
    Winona Ryder
    Bruce Springsteen

I would love to meet Springsteen. Where did you meet him?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm gonna be famous, one day, but I won't count because I'm Irish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Was was your missus so rude and dismissive?

No she genuinely didn't remember him or even know that he was famous. He came over again later in the evening and he was a nice enough fellow - got the beers in!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Ruen

Bill Clinton, he's a cool chap

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

Writer\director David Lynch, (of Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks fame), after he did a talk in Trinity last year. Was so nervous and overwhelmed didn't think I looked him in the eye. Lovely man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Seth Rogen - had a 20 minute face to face interview with him. It was pretty awesome. Sound guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

Bono. I got pulled onstage in Boston a few years ago. Then I met him again a couple of times.

Daniel Lanois. Ended up having drinks with him and his band. Very sound chap.

Sugar Ray Leonard. Translated for him at a meeting when he visited Buenos Aires a couple of years ago.

Ali Hewson. Met her at a gig a few years ago. She is a sweetheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LilOc

Jet Li.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Frank Stapleton :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

Called Mike Murphy a bollix in Temple Bar in my early teens and wished Ricky Gervais good luck with the second season of the office while I shook his hand in a pub in Soho. Truly nice guy. Oh and Dara O'Briain is a ****in gent as well as Mr Linehan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Neil Armstrong.
    Once had a beer with Brian Richie, the bassist from the violent femmes. Nice Chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Mightn't be that famous here but Clyde "The Glide" Drexler. Sound bloke. met various u2 members and people in other bands, loads of politicians, business people, sports people etc but Drexler stands out. Amazingly nice chap.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvjJA93Xy9Y
    The guy he dunks on in Number 8 is 7'7!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jose,SpecialOne

Many, many people say I am most famous person they have met. The Pope has said this and the new President of America, they say I am most famous person they have met. Also Bono. And they also say I most fantastic person they have met.

Be Champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

flangeman wrote: »
    Called Mike Murphy a bollix

Why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Probably Sir Alex Ferguson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Seth Rogen - had a 20 minute face to face interview with him. It was pretty awesome. Sound guy.

:( I love him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 B.E.S.T.

Sheila E -for lads that remember those blurry days.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭missbaker

Alice Cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

Danny Masseling aka Angerfist (Hardcore Dj) and Pat kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Probably Liam Neeson, though Michael Palin and Christy Moore where my favourites.

EDIT: NOPE, Albert Finney was, a gent and a playboy even in his late 50's then! Always remember the time and effort he took to get to know you and remembered you later on.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Only famous if you are a Wrestling fan.
    See Sig.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Only famous if you are a Wrestling fan.
    See Sig.:D

I wonder who could that be:D

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

Jonny Wilkinson

Oh,oh and Miley from Glenroe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

You remember the way Never Mind The Buzzcocks used to have a running thing about how much everybody hated G*ri Halliw*ll? Yeah?

I get that now.

She is an unbelievably obnoxious b*tch.

Sold Jay Kay a PSP a few years back. High-fived some of Arcade Fire, which doesn't count as "meeting", but they were the coolest arguable-celebrities I've got to offer, so I choose to insist they count.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭in2dblue

Damon Albarn
    Stephen Gately
    Pete Waterman - Lovely man!!
    Davina McCaul
    Nicky Byrne
    Brian McFadden
    Ray D'arcy
    Caroline Morahan (sniggers)

Advertisement