Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the most famous person you've met?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Pussy cat dolls, johno lomu, eh not sure who else really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Oprah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

When I was on my J1 there in 2007 I worked as a doorman in New York.

Tom Hanks lived there, met him about 10 times over the summer (he wasnt there alot), also met his wife Rita Wilson and met two of his 4 kids , his youngest son and his daughter.

They were absolutely lovely people (or else all really good actors :)), some people in the building wouldnt say two words to you but they would always be chatting away to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I met Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins fame a couple of times and I
    also saw Keith Duffy in the jacks in Tamangos. He didn't say hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

dead air wrote: »
    also saw Keith Duffy in the jacks in Tamangos. He didn't say hello.

Were you both urinating? Or both drying your hands?

You do know toilet etiquette right I'm sure, if you both were not doing the same thing you had no right to say hello and he was more than correct in not replying to you. In fact, I would argue he shoulda hit you a box if you were in breach of the rules.

If you were abiding by the rules then he was just being rude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Joseph Fritzl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

whilst at the train station in birmingham with my dad we saw tony blair (before he was PM) my dad asked we would i like to shake his hand i said no! Didn't have a clue who he was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Met and had several libations with Bobby George whilst in Uni in Edin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Tiger Woods said "hullo" to me.

Humbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

They we're so famous I can't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

I had this "famous week" where I saw about 10 famous people (Irish Z-list) but I won't talk about that because people I know will slag me if I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

iv met miley :cool: and andrea corr (lovely girl),
    paul o connell (so polite) and gerry flannery (crazy mofo) a good few times out and about ,
    got chatting to colin farrell at a bon jovi concert a few years back in dublin.. really lovely down to earth guy and well up for the craic. there was no hollywood airs and graces about him. :D
    <SNIP>
    saw glenda gilson in spar :rolleyes:,
    jennifer aniston three years ago in cvs in LA one morning..a real LADY. such a beautiful and friendly woman. me and my friend were really cautious and apologetic about bothering her for an autograph but she was so funny and chatty. offered us a photo and was asking us about where we were from and staying and how long we were over for and all. we were j1ing at the time. sooo sooo sound! she even told us about shopping malls and gave us directions to tk or tjmaxx as they call it! brad pitt is some dope if u ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Craig the scouser from big brother on the the street between the train-station and Chester racecourse. The street was deserted so I hung around pretending to read my map waiting for this guy to catch up so I could ask him directions to my B&B for it's a really long street n I had luggage with me n wasn't sure if I'd passed it or not:mad: He held his hand out waiting for me to hand him a piece of paper when I stopped him, thought I was hanging round waiting for his autograph.:rolleyes:

I kinda looked at him like he was mad n asked him who he was? Soon as he mentioned big brother I said something about it bein a load a rubbish n didn't watch ****e like that. He agreed with me n nearly wet himself laughin :pac::pac::pac:

Never got his autograph or my directions :rolleyes: Only realised who he was exactly after he was gone, quite liked him in BB to be honest, think that was only version of it I watched any of at all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Oh yeah, I had a big conversation with yer man off the Irish apprentice in Dub airport before he was ever on the telly, can't remember his name now! Had a big conversation about law and ethics as I recall, think I was mid exams and was using airport time for cramming n he struck up a conversation about one of the books I had lying round me!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

I met Michelle Smith back around her Olympic times and also saw Sonia O Sullivan dash to get a plane in the airport once!
    Also met Sienna Miller and Sean Hughes after seeing As You Like It and got their autographs, as well as meeting Stephen Daldry (and getting his autograph) and several of the Billys from the stage version of Billy Elliot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

mumhaabu wrote: »
    Kim Kardashian

mmm.

I havent had a 100% definitely him sighting since running into Colin the Panel nordie in The Village around December 2007. IIRC late 2006 I drunkenly had my arm around Katy French for a photo, she was a hired model for photos at a work xmas do (it was only a few weeks after that she became famous and was all over the papers, so it was only then I recalled seeing her previously....and a few months after....well.....all that.....hmm)

I was relatively certain I saw Liam Gallagher in August 2008 with a little kid (boy IIRC) in Amsterdam. Any of yis who read all that celeb jazz recognise a report of him being there then?

I was gonna approach but cmon, its Liam......he prob woulda attacked me :D

[/homer] Then the time I could have met Shay Given at the Blanch centre. The entire day, I kept saying, 'I'll go a little later, I'll go a little later...' And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

IIRC you could taken one peno shot at him. I was too hungover to show up :(

Looking at some of the other posts it is amazing how subjective fame is- I dont recognise the names, let alone faces, of some mentioned.

Like....
    MonicaBing wrote: »
    Doug Howlett, gotta kiss on the cheek from him! Thomond Park Last dec
    Bryan Habana...beaut boy! Murrayfield last Nov..
    John Lithgow
    Kim Deal
    Pyr0 wrote: »
    Paul Masvidal of Cynic/Ex Death after a gig.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Bill Clinton

the most important? Garth fitzgarld i'd say.

met bono before, bit of a tool tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead met Brett Anderson many years ago. Won a competition to meet Suede and was determined to play it cool and make Brett and the boys think that Pighead was a stand up kinda guy. Put a leather jacket on Shep our pet collie and practised having conversations all of which ended with Shep asking Pighead to join the band.

Anyway the momentous day finally came. Pighead strolled into the room wearing a leather cardigan and plastic shades. Walked up to Brett and said "Do you know where the bathroom is?" Down the hall, first on the left he said. He was spot on with his directions. Unfortunately once Pighead sat on the toilet the brown stuff just wouldn't stop flowing. Returned to the room about ten minutes later but they were all gone. They never waited. That's the trouble with pooing.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Mick Galwey in a pub in Kilkenny watching Man utd playing Juventus in champions league in 99....massive hoor! Ross Munnely of Laois a few times in maynooth...too good to be wholesome type fella. Brendan O' Carroll asked for Directions to Cork. Anna Friel - feckin tiny. Good few of the Dub footballers- my father in law used to drive the dubs- sound chaps (coming from a laois man). Dara o Brian...wiped piss in his hand in the jacks in Dolan's warehouse. Had a few beers with Josh Ritter/Martin Finke in an appartment in caherciveen years ago...nice lads. I'm meeting the London Irish team for beers after a game in a couple weeks time....heading over with Bob Casey's sis...that's all off the top of the head
    oh and also a mate of mines sister rode the Gooch cooper in Boston!

Advertisement