Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the most famous person you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Hmmm met a good few, but the person I enjoyed meeting the most was Shay Given class act and what a great Donegal lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

hmmm. Hatebreed. Mega drinking session :D
    Dan "the Beast" Severn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

James Blunt two years ago in Barcelona airport.
    Alicia Silverstone about 10 years ago in Ennis. Twice!
    Gabriel Byrne a few months ago in Dublin.
    Bill Pullman last Summer in Galway.
    Jimmy Carr about a year ago.
    Matthew McCaunnahey around 8 years ago.
    Mel Gibson just a month ago, happened to be holidaying in a small town in the states where he's shooting his new movie.

Suprisingly enough James Blunt was the nicest out of the lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Ronnie Biggs (THAT train)
    Zico
    Ronnie Wood (Stones)
    Brook Shields (back in the 80's when she was seriously yummy)
    Mel Gibson
    Bono (well, we just sat beside each other and he nosed on a paper I was reading with my wife)
    The Corrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Dylan Moran walked past me in the street one time. It was sexy.
    I met the lads from boosh, and Dr. Cox.
    FUN TIMES

OH!! and i had a grand ould chat with brezzie from the blizzards at the music show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 wolv76

Westlife, Colin Farrell, Peter Stringer, Charlie Haughey, Garret Fitzgerald, Nancy Dell Olio, Niall Quinn, Danielle Lloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ryan Tubridy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

Got in a lift in some hotel in NY last year or the year before with my brother, couple of floors down 3 black fellas get in the lift, one of them says hit the gound please so i hit the ground button fella says thank you, I look at him to say no bother and I realised it was Will smith!!! Signed my tshirt inall :D

He is one tall mutherfocker in RL :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Eoin087 wrote: »
    Got in a lift in some hotel in NY last year or the year before with my brother, couple of floors down 3 black fellas get in the lift, one of them says hit the gound please so i hit the ground button fella says thank you, I look at him to say no bother and I realised it was Will smith!!! Signed my tshirt inall :D

l would have hit the ground too , but for self preservation reasons .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You know the talking apples in the little segways they do on Paramount Comedy when they go to and come back from ads?

I know one of those apples. :cool:

Well, I know the guy who does the voice, but still, the point stands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

orestes wrote: »
    You know the talking apples in the little segways they do on Paramount Comedy when they go to and come back from ads?

I know one of those apples. :cool:

Well, I know the guy who does the voice, but still, the point stands

Incider information??:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Pete Waterman
    David Soul
    Frank Bruno
    Steve Collins,
    these were in the early 90's when i lived in London.

Xzibit,
    Obie Trice,
    Most of D12.(some jumped on the bus, because they were getting egged from the local inhabitants).

Black Spice,
    Dustin Hoffman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Was lucky enough to meet pretty much every first team Irish player from the 90s. To name a few that I really enjoyed meeting: Big Jack Charlton, Kevin Moran, Paul McGrath, Niall Quinn (favourite player in the world at the time and an absolutely lovely guy) and, of course, Roy Keane :cool: I was probably only 10 or so but I still knew he was the coolest. My father actually had a cup of tea and a chat with him. Very quiet and friendly.

I got knocked out by a shot from John O'Shea in school once! I was about four years behind him and we were playing basketball next to the soccer goals. He struck a rocket that was extremely off target. I knew nothing about it until I woke up on the ground with this enormous lad giving me a hand up!

I've met Gerry Adams a number of times. Actually had a one-on-one conversation with him while we were waiting for someone to bring dinner. He's extremely nice. Also met Martin McGuinness, Martin and Teresa Ferris, Michelle Gildernew, lots of others.
    Bobby Sands' election agent Owen Carron was really sound, and very small.
    Kevin Lynch, the hunger striker's sister Bridie has stayed in my house. She's lovely.

Th emost famous of them all is probably Gerry Adams, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Mary Harney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

ART6 wrote: »
    Mary Harney

Damn hairdressers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

michel gondry - almost died

Where the hell did you meet Michel Gondry?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got Packie Bonner's autograph at a training weekend for goalkeepers 7 years ago.

Got Frank McCourt to sign a book for me this time last year.

TDs Willie O'Dea, Mary Hannafin and Peter Power (all at the same time when they visited my school a few years ago).

Saw ex-rugby player Mick Galway on a night out in Dingle :D

Walked past Ray D'Arcy on a street in Limerick (must've been 7/8 years ago now).

edit/
    Almost forgot, I had my photo taken with the legend that is Maidhc Dainin O Se in June!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Socrates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I met Santy a few times when I was a lad, I even got to sit on his knee and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Tiger Woods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

pisssst !
    you could have met the lads from top gear on saturday night
    they were in the punchbowl in booterstown ;)
    did,nt meet them myself .but i met a guy who did :P
    met one of the crab fishermen from the series "deadleist catch " a few weeks back .
    had gary lineker in my taxi during the ryder cup
    he left crisps all over my back seat :D
    paul weller s brother
    the lads from the band ocean colour scene when they were up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've sung with Bono (If being at the same church serrvice as him constitutes singing with him :D)

I used a urinal right after David Moyes on Thursday night

I live near Gabriel Fulcher, the ex Ireland lock forward. really nice guy, except his dog keeps trying to shag mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I thought it was Bono's mam.. but Terry told me she's dead. :(

Some woman lied to me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Have met Damon Hill, back in my School days
    Ken Doherty,
    Tony Ward (Ex Irish Rugby player),
    Eddie Izzard,
    Paul McGrath,
    Albert Reynolds,
    Michael Palin,
    <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I met Amy Huberman before she was famous, Jacob's haven't got a cracker like her!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Eoin087 wrote: »

I've heard this story before and that it was someone's granny who thought they meant "hit the ground". Will Smith thought it was so funny that he paid for her room.
    Twas on Ray D'arcy show once if I'm right in thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I met them 2 fcukin eijjits out of star trek next gen commander riker and geordi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Bill Clinton
    Padraig Harrington
    The President of Cuba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Met the Edge out one night and tried to rob his cowboy hat, was fairly easy as im fairly tall and he's fairly small so I just reached over his "entourage" and grabbed it.. needless to say he wasn’t impressed. which kinda sucked as hes a hero of mine... I had a great laugh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I've heard this story before and that it was someone's granny who thought they meant "hit the ground". Will Smith thought it was so funny that he paid for her room.
    Twas on Ray D'arcy show once if I'm right in thinking.

urban legend....

Advertisement