Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the most famous person you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I saw Nick Cave ordering a smoothie in Dublin Airport. SHould've asked him for tickets for his gig but ah well......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

T-Bag off Prison Break

Pro-wrestler Kurt Angle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Prince Charles!
    Charlie Bird!
    Brian Cowan!

All very interesting!!! :D

Boyzone
    Lisa Stansfield
    The edge
    Sile Seoige
    Nicky Butt

(yeh I know, scraping the barrel)

When I stayed in the hudson hotel in New York, Denzel Washington was there signing his book, saw him but couldn't be arsed buying his book so didn't get to meet him.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Adiboo wrote: »
    T-Bag off Prison Break

Pro-wrestler Kurt Angle

What was Angle like ?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I heard he was a cute guy in person. :o

bad javaboy. bad bad javaboy

Back from a broken freakin' neck :mad:

javaboy wrote: »

facepalm smiley desperately needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Mary Harney, Mary McAleese off the top of my head. Think I met Dennis Hickie years ago. I was on a plane with Dom Joly and Anne Robinson as well once.

Met Dom Joly before. He "did" me for Trigger Happy when I was in Brussels bout 9 years ago. Never got shown though.

Maybe having to have spent more than one night in Brussels was enough of a joke to be had on me. Awful sh1thole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Most famous person I've ever met would probably be Bono but I have met a fair few famous people. I don't put much credence in simply being famous.

• Advertisement

I started a thread in Feedback looking for new smileys. Seems the final word on it was "NO" . Some senoir people whinged that too much clogs things up and makes everything look bad or something....

anyway

face palm smiley

I started a thread in Feedback looking for new smileys. Seems the final word on it was "NO" . Some senoir people whinged that too much clogs things up and makes everything look bad or something....

anyway

face palm smiley

Because on other vBulletin boards websites the facepalm smilies are moving and so take up more space. But yours is stationary. Fair play. You could be on to something. Virtual drinks are on us!

Oh no, forgot me wallet..

*where did you say that facepalm was?

As opposed to a right on kinda person.;)
    Back from a broken freakin' neck :mad:

Yes , it's true , its true.

Have you forgotten the diarrhoea that accompanied the broken neck.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Girls Aloud (for a whole night but not in that kind of way unfortunately), Paddy Casey, Colin Farrell (tosser), Girls aloud, Scissor sisters, Brendan Gleeson (sound bloke), Westlife, and did I mention Girls Aloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 iret

richard branson, col guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Bob Dylan. Really nice chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Tiger woods(his helicopter landed in the back of a pub at the old head of kinsale on a foggy day)
    Peter Stringer
    Denis Irwin
    Roy Keane
    Bertie/Harney
    Aslan
    Brendan O Connor.........*cough*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Neil Flynn (janitor from scrubs)
    Ray D'arcy

and Matt Skiba and Matt Tuck for anyone into a bit heavier music!

Girls Aloud (for a whole night but not in that kind of way unfortunately), Paddy Casey, Colin Farrell (tosser), Girls aloud, Scissor sisters, Brendan Gleeson (sound bloke), Westlife, and did I mention Girls Aloud.

What did Colin Farrell toss off ?

Edit :What's that ? My ma ? No no, he didn't toss off my ma

What did Colin Farrell toss off ?

Edit :What's that my ma ? No no, he didn't toss off my ma

Colm Meaney.

Haven't you seen Intermission? :pac:

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »
    Colm Meaney.

Haven't you seen Intermission? :pac:

I love Colm Meany, don't you be saying anything bad about him or he'll thump ye ;)

No facepalm needed , that was a reflex answer , l do believe .:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 smiley_colly

blizzards, went to see the coronas and ended up bringin them all back to the student diggs for an unbievable session in march, does pippa o connor count? cast of fair city, nicky byrne, rosie davidson , glenda gilson, frank carson(lived next door to him!) john o shea, and all the kilkenny and waterford hurling team and Ronan o gara!!

I love Colm Meany, don't you be saying anything bad about him or he'll thump ye ;)

With his mother's cock :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Padraig Harrington
    Thomas Bjorn
    Adam Scott
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy
    Diego Forlan
    John O'Shea
    Roy Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The drummer from Foo Fighters (Taylor is it?), Kerry Katona, Jodie Marsh, Irish girl who was in Bananarama & Shakespear's Sister and eh, Phil Coulter and Grainne Seoige! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Charlie Gibson, who I've known for some time, and who used to anchor Good Morning America in NY, introduced me to Brad Pitt before GMA air time about 4 years ago. I was just a silly teen visiting NY and remember, but Brad wouldn't. He meets thousands of people like that all the time over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

From the numerous trips to football matches a fair few Celtic and United players like Jimmy Johnstone, Billy McNeill, Henrik Larsson, Packie Bonner, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, Mark Hughes.

Also Mark "Chopper" Read.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

People I've seen at airports

Venus Williams-Palm Beach Intl

Daryl Strawberry-Fort Lauderdale

Chuck Schumer-Buffalo

People who have holiday homes in my town who I see out and about

Jack McCoy-Law and Order

Stanford Blatch-the gay guy in Sex and the City (Carries friend)

Geraldo Rivera (next town over)

Athlete who used to live in my old town

Manute Bol-tallest player in NBA history. 7 feet 7 inches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Christina Aguilera, Gerry Adams, Martin McGuinness, Colin Farrell, Padraig Harrington, Roy Keane, Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Def Leppard, Bobby Charlton, Shane McGowan, Noel Gallagher, Grainne Seoige, Ryan Giggs, Gareth Bale, Deco, Manuel Rui Costa, Hristo Stoichkov, Craig Bellamy, Bertie Ahern, Ronnie Whelan, Packie Bonner, David O'Leary, Apres Match lads, Johnny Giles, Caroline Morahan, Dermot Morgan, Steven Hendry, Ken Doherty, Colm Meaney, Samantha Mumba, Frank Black, Caroline Corr, Albert Reynolds, Jim Corr, John Motson, John Hulme, Robbie Fowler, Anna Friel, Brian Kerr, John Delaney, Craig Johnston, Alan Curbishley, David Irvine, Ronan Keating, Keith Duffy, Westlife, Gay Byrne, Rosanna Davison, Dave Fanning, Manic Street Preachers, The Edge, Roy Evans, Pittsburgh Steelers, Jody Morris, Michael Duberry, Mike Murphy, East 17, and countless politicians to name but a few :D

Hotel work has it's advantages!!

Advertisement