Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the most famous person you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Jesus and Satan, on the same day. Both having coffee in Starbucks in NY coincidentally. Love to have overheard their conversation... :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Jesus and Satan, on the same day. Both having coffee in Starbucks in NY coincidentally. Love to have overheard their conversation... :pac:

Satan: I know he's evil and all but when he dies I dont want Bush down here with me.

Jesus: Fuck off Satan, Bush isnt going to heaven. We were through this with Hitler and Walt Disney. They're your territory.

Satan: Aw, come on man. Tell you what, if you take Bush I'll give you Mel Gibson when he is sent to Hell. You like him right?

Jesus: Yeah, Mel is pretty cool. He'd be a good edition here.

Satan: And you can send me down Moses as a trade.

Jesus: Oh, I've been waiting to get rid of that prick for ages. Do you know last week he ate my lunch. It had JESUS written in big fucking letters on it. And its not like it was some cheese strings or anythin, its was a Subway. And he knows how much I like Subway.

Satan: Consider him mine. I'll put him in a bunk with Gandhi and Fritzl when he comes down.

Jesus: Why is Gandhi there again?

Satan: He was the biggest date rapist in the World.

Jesus: Oh yeah, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Eric Fúckin Cantona.

End Thread/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I also met Matt Berry from Darkplace / IT Crowd. Legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Richard Harris.

And percy from coronation street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Probably David Beckham.

Favourite to meet was Eric Cantona though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

People I have actually sat down and had a chat with not just 'walked by and met' - Jerry Flannerey, Keith Wood, Des Bishop, Tommy Tiernan, Hector, Blondie, Johnny Donnelly (Saw Doctors), Joe Rococoko, Jerry Collins, Tana Umaga.
    All very nice and polite, trained both blondie and johnny in the gym, both down to earth. All the rugby lads very sound, Jerry Collins a bit special, kept laughing for no reason, too many blows to the head :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Packie Bonner and Dave Mustaine.

"You've been great, we've been Megadeth"

Fukkin legbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Liam Neeson, Kevin Spacey, Drew Barrymore, Tony Robinson, Jerry O'Connell, Cindy Crawford and one of the guys out of Frasier (not Frasier, Niles, his dad or Mad Dog), all in one night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

DJ Jazzy Jeff :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Sanjuro wrote: »
    (not Frasier, Niles, his dad or Mad Dog)

Who? I need pics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I, also saw David Beckham!

I felt so sorry for the man. He was in the manchester trafford center and I kid you not there must have been six hundred people just following him. He walk towards us and I went to my brothers.

"Shit thats David Beckham!!!!"

One of them did the "hands on cheeks shocked look", we still give him stick for it today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Whoopi Goldberg. Chatted with her about books when I was in New York.

@ d-gal: Blondie is a band, not a person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Met all the weather girls from TG4 years ago. Had a coffee with Sile Seoige back when she was presenting the kids show on TG4. Preffered her to Grainne then too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Don Conroy (back in the day)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

bucks73 wrote: »
    Also Mark "Chopper" Read.

Tell me more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

ferguson was probably my favourite,so down to eath to talk to.talks about horse racin a fair bit.jack charlton when i was younger,was delighted with that.ken doherty was one a the soundest fellas iv ever met.the fella who played ryan naysmith off dream team,think hes in hollyoaks now.met jodi albert a few times,probably one a the hottest women iv ever met,didnt really endear myself to her.if looks could kill id probably be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

ehhhh Frank Kelly(Fr. Jack), Eamonn Campbell from the Dubliners.....he's a sound man.....serve him pints every week in the Submarine Bar, Colin Farrell(advised me 2 not buy a certain burger in McDonalds because "they're ****e", did work experience back in the day with the Leinster squad....Mal O'Kelly was probably the funniest of the lads....kept getting confused as to when he was supposed 2 be at training.....Vic Costello and Gordon Darcy were also very sound......

my favourite has to be when i met Robocop(of May Day riots and not film fame) buying a Womans Own magazine....i wish i'd had a camera on me....what a character!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Colin Farrell on O'Connell St...and the United team (not on o'connell street!:rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood in Oklahoma (the place not the musical)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Who? I need pics

I met David Hyde Pierce (Niles) in New York after his broadway show finished. Nice lad.

http://file011a.bebo.com/6/original/2007/08/28/16/2437029a5403491046o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

Adiboo wrote: »
    I met David Hyde Pierce (Niles) in New York after his broadway show finished. Nice lad.

OMG Moment!!
    I'd love to meet him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

Liam Gallagher 3 times..2 times in hotel and one in London :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I met Danny Glover a few weeks ago in Nicaragua. I had a t-shirt with a starry plough on it and he recognized it. Talked to him for a while over a bottle of Toña. Sound chap and very intelligent. When he walked away he put down the bottle and said, i'm too old for this sh1t. I only copped on a few hours later that it was a lethal weapon quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I know someone who met Bella from Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Charlie Redmond --Legend
    Irish soccer team back when they were half decent,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭epictetus2009

ian brown - well chilled character and a good laugh

roy keane when he played for notts forest visited our little village and paul mcgrath did aswell... just pulled out the photos jasus ill be in tears..
    Bth were gents with the grannies hounding them as i remember...the bomber listen visited as some point and he said to after watching us playing hurling ''if you were big youd be dangerous''.. lol enough

anyone else have these club visits back in the 80ties??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I saw Eamon Dunphy out and about at night time, he had a guy in what looked like a drivers hat keeping an eye on him.

He seemed exactly the same as usual - swayful and slurred sounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Met: Chris Evans
    Seen: Owen Wilson / Ben Stiller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Paolo Di Canio
    &
    Big Tom :D

Advertisement