Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the most famous person you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

The Bertie fella came to see us when I was in St. Pat's, think he was Charlie's minsiter for mayhem at the time.

Also met him in the Goose a couple of times in the last 3/4 years, got a photo the last time.

Also met Jimmy White coming out of a lift in the lobby of a hotel with two "illicit" looking women as I was checking in at 8:30am :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i see john gormless gormly most days, and the other day i came off the clutch too quick and nearly knocked him over...

luckly he swerved eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Danny DeVito

Dancing it up in LA

and Richard E Grant here in Dublins Trocadero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

Micheal Stipe from R.E.M. in H&M in Liffey Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

EmoMatt15 wrote: »
    Micheal Stipe from R.E.M. in H&M in Liffey Valley

Janey, wonder what he was looking for in there?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

CtrlSource wrote: »
    Janey, wonder what he was looking for in there?!

His religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Princess Diana

The Edge (it was tricky to decide how to acknowledge him.... Edge, Mr Edge, Mr The.... settled on Hey... :rolleyes:)

Richard Wilson.... (I know... I didn't believe it either!! :D)

Seen - Michael Jackson (much to my wife's vexation)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My list would be:

The whole Italia 90 Irish team.
    The edge.
    Liam Gallagher.
    Justin Timberlake (thought him the meaning of grand!)
    Westlife.
    Andrea Corr.
    Colm Meaney.
    Jackie Chan.
    Arnold Schwarznegger

Think thats it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Dimebag Darrell
    • Pele
    • Jackie Chan
    • Phil Taylor
    • Ron Wood

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bring it on!!!

i didn't actually talk to him but I saw michael jackson...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Rodrigo & Gabriella
    Josh Ritter
    Kele-lead singer of Bloc Party
    Des Bishop
    David Norris

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Sebastian Loeb

Tana Umanga and other assorted NZ rugby players

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

i met one of the fishermen out of the programme "deadlist catch "
    in vegas
    was walking by a blackjack table and thought "i know that guy "
    done the typical irish thing "hows it going "
    then seen his crab tatoo and the penny dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

i met one of the fishermen out of the programme "deadlist catch "
    in vegas
    was walking by a blackjack table and thought "i know that guy "
    done the typical irish thing "hows it going "
    then seen his crab tatoo and the penny dropped

He has just as good a chance of catching crabs in Vegas as in the Bering Sea.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

javaboy wrote: »
    Genius :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

javaboy wrote: »

What a load of Craps.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shaniev

Nelson Mandela in Galway in 2003
    Interviewed him for a local paper

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Jack Charlton
    Alex Stepney (former United goalkeeper) lovely guy
    Mary Harney
    Noel Dempsey
    Enda Kenny
    Rosanna Davison
    Ken Doherty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I met an artist that I quite like, though, I doubt anyone would know him so I've no point naming him.

Also, I was snoozin' by the lake in UCD once and woke up to a man in a suit offering a hand shake, 'twas Enda Kenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I met Ruud Gullit in Spain before,that was,erm,odd! ;)

And last year,having lunch,and who walks by me and my friends,Chris Pontius and that other guy from Jackass with the weird beard,emmmm Loomis Fall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Hmmm a few off the top of my head.

Worked on King Arthur movie so met;
    Kiera Knightley - First time I met her she was all dolled up for a photo shoot, and looked absolutely amazing.

Clive Owen - had lunch with him, didn't even know who he was thought he was a stunt man...

Jerry Bruckheimer - had an argument with him over a toilet..

Em.. Music people

Met Mat Sorum from Guns N Roses about 2 weeks ago and Dizzy Reed from Guns N Roses the day before that.

Met Ron Wood and Keith Richards in a chinese in Naas yars and years ago.

Chris De burgh once..

Others

Marianne from Bosco! and Frank from Bosco!

Saw Lucy Lu the other day..

Thats the few I can think of at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tito Ortiz & Jenna Jameson

Oh and nearly walked into Paris Hilton. Thank christ I didnt, woulda probably both caught something and been shot by at least 1 of many bodyguards (7 if i remember right)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kingcantona

Jon Kenny from D'Unbelivables on the Cork train. Was sitting across from him and the guy could talk for Ireland. Hadnt a clue what he was saying most of the time!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Mary McAleese, Keanu Reeves, Brian Kerr, Roy Keane, Damien Duff, John O Shea, Tony Cascarino, John Aldridge, Paul McGrath, Donnacha O Callaghan, Eamon Dunphy, Pat Kenny, Stephen Gately, Ronan Keating, Mary Black, Danny from Coronas, Director, Bell x1, Duke Special, Cathy Davey, Steve Wall, Joe Elliot from Def Leppard, Ken Doherty, Caroline Corr.. Thats all I can think of right now.. Oooh I also met Bella from Fair City :) And Ardal O Hanlon ripped the p*ss outta me at a gig one time, I dunno if that counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

steph1 wrote: »
    Jack Charlton
    Alex Stepney (former United goalkeeper) lovely guy
    Mary Harney
    Noel Dempsey
    Enda Kenny
    Rosanna Davison
    Ken Doherty

is rosana davidson as big a twit in person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Jack Charlton, Alkaline Trio, George Galloway (and we had a brief political debate :rolleyes:), the little fella from Austin Powers, Paul McGrath (a true Supersaint), Ronnie Drew (we'll never see the likes of that man again)

Ryan Tubridy drinks in the same pub as myself when I'm knocking around town, but I've never been bothered saying hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Jonathan Rhys Meyers' mum harassed me for nearly an hour on the way into college a few years ago.

Sorry to hear see passed away tho a year or two ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Met ryan tubridy at a wedding a few years back Also donal dineen was there (really nice guy). Very small wedding - only about 30 people in total. Sitting in the bar having a pint and tubridy comes over to the missus - this was when he was just becoming a name in rte and was hosting the breakfast show - hi do you remember me from college. Her - No sorry. Him - we were in a politics class. Her - No sorry. Him - we were in a study group for history. Her - a sure there were that many people in it i wouldn't remember them all. Him - there were 3 of us. SILENCE - Her - No sorry. Cue tubridy going off with tail between legs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

newmills wrote: »
    Met ryan tubridy at a wedding a few years back Also donal dineen was there (really nice guy). Very small wedding - only about 30 people in total. Sitting in the bar having a pint and tubridy comes over to the missus - this was when he was just becoming a name in rte and was hosting the breakfast show - hi do you remember me from college. Her - No sorry. Him - we were in a politics class. Her - No sorry. Him - we were in a study group for history. Her - a sure there were that many people in it i wouldn't remember them all. Him - there were 3 of us. SILENCE - Her - No sorry. Cue tubridy going off with tail between legs!!

Was was your missus so rude and dismissive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Penn and Teller, Charlie Haughey, Enda Kenny, Frank McGuinness.

Advertisement