Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underage Kids Spin 1.00 Djouce woods Saturday 6th December 2008

Options
  • 30-11-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi my name is Richie byrne and I'm the President of EPICmtb, the largest Mountainbike Club in Ireland, based in Dublin but active nationwide.
    We started running Kids Mountainbike Days in September having realised there was a need for it and as some of us have kids of their own we were getting pestered.
    So we are trying to get a scheme going called Sprockids, its a Canadian System which teaches Kids self worth through Offroad Cycling.
    Now we've had a spin each month with huge success. The kids are from 4 to 16, we divide them by ability, and between the parent riders and away they go. We encourage the parents to get involved. its not that hard and it helps us.
    Mountainbiking is a brilliant sport for everybody. Hard, Dangerous and messy but hugely rewarding. If anybody here is interested let me know by pm or through my details on the EPIC website.

http://www.epicmtb.com/forums/showthread.php?p=45148#post45148

Advertisement