Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thefootballshirt.com?

• 30-11-2008 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭

Heard about this website, thefootballshirt.com. Seriously cheap jerseys I mean reeallly cheap. If its legit then how is it this good of value?

Anyone ever use it/hear of it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

joe123 wrote: »
    Heard about this website, thefootballshirt.com. Seriously cheap jerseys I mean reeallly cheap. If its legit then how is it this good of value?

Anyone ever use it/hear of it??

They are that cheap for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

RasTa wrote: »
    They are that cheap for a reason.

I like your vagueness. But not really. Your thinking not legit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

These are legit, seriously.

The reason why they are that cheap is because they are made off the clock, by workers trying to earn a few more quid, but they are the exact same jerseys as you would get in Champion Sports, your club's official store etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

These are legit, seriously.

The reason why they are that cheap is because they are made off the clock, by workers trying to earn a few more quid, but they are the exact same jerseys as you would get in Champion Sports, your club's official store etc.

You ever order off them? How long does delivery take? Why would anyone ever pay 60 quid for jerseys again is what I ask....unless your being sarcastic but its hard tell from text!

joe123 wrote: »
    You ever order off them? How long does delivery take? Why would anyone ever pay 60 quid for jerseys again is what I ask....unless your being sarcastic but its hard tell from text!

Seriously,i'm not being sarcastic. Have a look on Google or Football265 about this site, and you will realise that many people have been ordering legit shirts from them.

I haven't ordered anything myself, as their Newcastle selection is paltry, but from what I know, delivery is about 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

check toffs.com for old jerseys if thats what u are after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I've bought a good few tops off them,all excellent quality and well printed.
    Have washed them loads of times and the printing has held up perfectly.
    I wear them in 5 aside soccer .
    As for the people who think they are not genuine,do you honestly think it costs 60-70 euro to make jerseys ?
    They cost buttons to make ,you are cutting out the club,distributor,and shop this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

So wait, are these made in the exact same place, way etc that the normal ones are made from?

Still, I'd feel better supporting the club on my purchase I guess.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    check toffs.com for old jerseys if thats what u are after

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/ is the business for retro jerseys. Just ordered 2 Newcastle ones off them, and service/delivery was excellent.
    I've bought a good few tops off them,all excellent quality and well printed.
    Have washed them loads of times and the printing has held up perfectly.
    I wear them in 5 aside soccer .
    As for the people who think they are not genuine,do you honestly think it costs 60-70 euro to make jerseys ?
    They cost buttons to make ,you are cutting out the club,distributor,and shop this way.

QFT.
    Beau x1 wrote: »
    So wait, are these made in the exact same place, way etc that the normal ones are made from?

Yes, the exact same place. The people employed by Nike/Adidas/Umbro etc. are paid peanuts. They make these at night, off the clock, in the same factory, to subsidize their sh/tty wage.
    Still, I'd feel better supporting the club on my purchase I guess.

Mike Ashley clearly does not own your club. I would happily buy off this crowd to swindle Big Mike out of a few bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Fair enough. Pity all the sizes are M/XL though!

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Pity all the sizes are M/XL though!

This is a a downside, but I guess when you are doing it on the sly, you make as many of the sizes you think will sell most. M for the young lads, XL for their beer gut dads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

My jerseys arrived today guys , top notch they are. All tags etc still on jerseys. Great service will be using them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

www.jomzajung.com

Same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I was skeptical too but I ordered 3 jerseys off them back in October. Shipping takes a few weeks. The quality is pretty much identical to the real thing as far as I can tell.

It's annoying that the jerseys only come in 2 sizes though. One jersey was an XL for my brother and it is like a tent on him :).

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

these Jerseys are not real, I can assure you of that. I will say that the majority of them look identical to the real ones, best knockoffs ever. They come from Thailand and I have bought a few from them before (as I have done myself when in Thailand)

For an example of how these are not real official jerseys take a close up look at the arsenal jerseys, the logo on the home jersey is bad quality when you see the real jersey.

I can assure you all that they are not realy but EXTREMELY good quality, I have a few. (My german away jersey was the worst quality one I ever recieved)

ps - they even have fake adidas/nike logo's, stickers, tags. go for it, many people wouldn't notice the difference on a lot of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Same with BESTWAY4YOU.COM

Very happy with the jersey I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

jamesozzie wrote: »
    these Jerseys are not real, I can assure you of that.

For an example of how these are not real official jerseys take a close up look at the arsenal jerseys, the logo on the home jersey is bad quality when you see the real jersey.

ps - they even have fake adidas/nike logo's, stickers, tags. go for it, many people wouldn't notice the difference on a lot of them
    +1. They are fake Jersey's. Each jersey has some giveaway's usually the crest or some such that gives them away but you'd only notice if you had a genuine jersey held beside it.

And if you look at the arsenal crest on both the home and away arsenal jersey's the crest is completely different!! The edges at the bottom don't match. How people think.

Fake - Yes
    Good quality - Yes
    Would you notice the difference - sometimes

The Liverpool one I got from Bestway had one flaw-on the inside tag-there was no Adidas logo.

I assume there is on the real one!

Apart from that...well worth the 15e (delivered).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

holy smoke batman!

thats good value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Ahem. Regardless of the quality, isn't this cheating your club?

SectionF wrote: »

Who care's!!! I have spent enough pocket money on Liverpool when I was young and what did I get in return - misery and dispair!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Very very nice, no harm in trying to order, its only 10 quid at the end of the day:) 10 please

Nope, its not because i don't support Benfice, Bayern, Inter, Barca etc :P I buy my Celtic jerseys from the Celtic store:)

MOG7 wrote: »
    Nope, its not because i don't support Benfice, Bayern, Inter, Barca etc :P I buy my Celtic jerseys from the Celtic store:)
    So you're buying them for someone else as a gift, and cheating their clubs for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Excellent, gonna get my sister to order me a Spurs jersey with Lennon on the back for Christmas so.

Kold wrote: »
    Excellent, gonna get my sister to order me a Spurs jersey with Lennon on the back for Christmas so.

Was thinking I'd get a Liverpool one with the same name....

Would you not feel cheap when you kiss the crest?

So you're buying them for someone else as a gift, and cheating their clubs for them?

Buying them for myself for a gift :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Would you not feel cheap when you kiss the crest?

Why would any grown man feel the need to kiss the crest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Great find. I just bought the Valencia home & away, boca juniors and spain jerseys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

A lot of Liverpool fans are not buying 'official' gear from the club as a protest against the current owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

In fairness when they charge over 60 euros I wouldn't be so sure who's cheating whom there. Especially when Levy is our chairman..

ibh wrote: »
    Why would any grown man feel the need to kiss the crest?
    Erm, perhaps he might do it metaphorically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

+1. They are fake Jersey's. Each jersey has some giveaway's usually the crest or some such that gives them away but you'd only notice if you had a genuine jersey held beside it.
    Yes they are fake, noticed when the one I was wearing was up beside a real one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i recieved my order today.its the new french home jersey ansd i must say it seems perfect i cant notice anything wrong with it.probably have to be put beside a genuine one and even then i not sure anything would stand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

the shirts thefootballshirt are all fakes. the quality varies a lot with them. A friend got an Ac Milan away jersey and you can spot the mistakes on it very easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yeah i heard about them here,did a bit of research and there was mixed opipions but at the price you cant go wrong. I only wear jerseys playing 5 a side so wasnt pushed if it wasnt great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Who care's!!! I have spent enough pocket money on Liverpool when I was young and what did I get in return - misery and dispair!

It was just their way of giving you a taste what it feels like to be a genuine everyday Liverpudlian. You should be grateful to feel like a legit scouse. Before you know it you'll be wallowing in your own grief with the best of 'em.

Advertisement