Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fat 16 File System.

• 30-11-2008 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen a book that has explained how this file system (or any of the FAT variants) work? I've scanned through numerous books in my college library but to no avail.

Does anyone have any rec. to any books that would have it? I'd prefer books as it's for a project I'm doing and just don't want to be referencing some website all the time.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table
    File Allocation Table or FAT is a computer file system architecture originally purchased by Bill Gates
    LOL Kudos QDOS :p

FAT is fairly primitve so have a look on line unless you want to look at system calls. BBC micro had a slightly more primitive file system in that it could only handle contiguous files but the OS was only 16KB in size. FAT used linked lists to fill fragmented free space.

Advertisement