Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 Toll - Price increased by 10 cent "Due to VAT increase"

Options
  • 30-11-2008 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

I used the M4 tonight and noticed a sign saying the M4 toll will increase tomorrow Dec 1st from €2.70 to €2.80 "Due to VAT increase". So VAT will add on 1.35 cent and they think its acceptable to increase it by 10 cent. I understand the toll on takes minimum 10 cents coins but at least absorb the 1.35 cent into the toll of €2.70. Irish retailers can go to hell, I'm making it a priority to spend as much of my earnings in the north as possibe. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Well i just emailed them to complain i am sure that will give them a good laugh in the morning .

Fecking rip off:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

remember there is always an alternative route so you can avoid the tolls and see more of ireland's countryside than a boring motorway/carriageway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Nothing would suprise me anymore. The sheer cheek of these companies just about makes my stomach turn.

There must be something in the Irish Psyche that means we just take it no questions asked (apart from here of course:D) You wouldnt catch this type of rip off in Germany etc as they simply would refuse to pay!

Actually its fairer to say the retailers etc in other countries know it wouldnt be taken by the public and therefore dont pull this sort of s##te

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

It's 2.90 for a car now.I went to Mullingar yesterday,from Dublin and was surprised and annoyed at cost.Last time i made this journey was before the new stretch of road.It took the same amount of time then as it did yeaterday so I was robbed.How can i avoid the toll going from Dublin to Mullingar?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Leave M4 at junction 8 Kilcock and follow signs for Enfield this is the old N4 . It will be about 10 mins max longer if you stick to speed limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

andyeire wrote: »
    Leave M4 at junction 8 Kilcock and follow signs for Enfield this is the old N4 . It will be about 10 mins max longer if you stick to speed limit.
    Thanks for the info.I'll do that next time I'm heading that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Off topic resurrection of an old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement