Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is yahoo not working today at all?

Options
  • 30-11-2008 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

yahoo is not working all day here for me i cant check my mail or go on messenger none of its pages are working at all. im with clearwire broadband. does anyone know what is happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Working fine for me? I'm on Eircom.. Maybe its an issue with clearwire?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

working fine for me, i'm with BT.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 aislingm137

well this is insane everything works except yahoo so i cant see my mail or use messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

Clearwire seems to be blocking yahoo intermittently. Try a proxy and you can connect easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

drakshug wrote: »
    Clearwire seems to be blocking yahoo intermittently. Try a proxy and you can connect easily.

I rang them and was told it was a Yahoo problem, not a Clearwire one and therefore I would not be getting any money off my bill. :mad:

I'm also having problems sending emails from OUtlook Express to a few yahoo email addresses. They bounce back days later. But if I send them from the same email address via mail2web there is no problem. Another Clearwire problem no doupt. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Acctually it is their problem, seems to be something with their DNS.

Add 4.2.2.1 onto your DNS in Network card and let the good times roll.

Cryos wrote: »
    Acctually it is their problem, seems to be something with their DNS.

Add 4.2.2.1 onto your DNS in Network card and let the good times roll.

Exactly where are you supposed to put these numbers? Doesn't look like a DNS server address to me.

I got it working by adding these servers manually to my router

rather than getting them automatically from clearwire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

drakshug wrote: »
    Exactly where are you supposed to put these numbers? Doesn't look like a DNS server address to me.

I got it working by adding these servers manually to my router

rather than getting them automatically from clearwire.

could you tell me how to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

this is crap! i cant get on too, thats it im dumping clearwire!!!

• Advertisement

Orla K wrote: »
    could you tell me how to do that?

In your browser address bar type 192.168.1.1
    This is a default address. Have a look on the label on your router for the address used by it. There might be the stock password too

This should bring up the password for your router. If you don't know it, and it hasn't been changed, try this site:

http://www.routerpasswords.com/

There will be a part for setup. In there will be a part asking if you want to let the router get DNS from your isp or you can click an option and enter the DNS addresses I gave.

If you have the clearwire modem plugged straight into your computer you'll have to config DNS on your computer.

In xp:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305553

In Linux (well pclos and maybe mandriva):

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Change
    MS_DNS1=<IP address of first server>
    MS_DNS2=<IP address of second server>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

hey that worked for me ...cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks drakshug!

Will that also stop any emails sent to yahoo addresses from bouncing back days later?

sudzs wrote: »
    Thanks drakshug!

Will that also stop any emails sent to yahoo addresses from bouncing back days later?

Googling that it seems to be a yahoo problem but linked to an isp problem. Basically they are bouncing back thanks to the DNS problem and due to anti spam measures - greylisting.

Now, Clearwire's website shows completely different DNS addresses to the one's I found and they don't work. I'd assume that using the new DNS address may stop yahoo deferring and bouncing back your messages but as I've not experienced it yet, I don't know.

On a separate note. Does anyone know how to access the clearwire e mail system or to use the account login??? I can't be bothered phoning them as it is a waste of time.

Advertisement