Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182

Options
  • 30-11-2008 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

are they getting back together?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

oh god no D: at least, i hope not, haha.

where did their rumours come from? all the members have new bands that have all gained mild success, so i can't imagine them getting back together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Didn't two of the band nearly die in a plane crash this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

Meller wrote: »
    oh god no D: at least, i hope not, haha.

where did their rumours come from? all the members have new bands that have all gained mild success, so i can't imagine them getting back together.
    Ya i know that there is plus44 and boxcar racer
    but it was in kerrang magizine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I heard that they're getting back together! dunno if there's any truth in it, don't really care either

does anybody like blink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

They'll have plenty of their old fans, but i hope that they will have grown up a bit..

i know but i judge bands by the music

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The Enemy is inconclusive on this one too.

http://www.nme.com/news/blink-182/41179

what do yee make of the NEW guns n roses

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

these rumours started because the guys started to talk to each other again due to travis' plane crash accident.

of course the media blew that out of all proportion...

i liked a lot of blink182's older material like chesirecat and dude ranch.

• Advertisement

so they arent

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no one knows, the media play a big part in these things.

for example one time the lead singer of Weezer (rivers cuomo) was asked what was next for weezer and he replied "i'm not really sure". cue the next day the musical press were like "omgz weezer are breaking up".

it's all hyped bull**** where each one tries to out do each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

sr. kila wrote: »
    what do yee make of the NEW guns n roses

Don't go here with that one, m'man. There are three threads in Rock & Metal related to em ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

KatCookie wrote: »
    They'll have plenty of their old fans, but i hope that they will have grown up a bit..

I like some of Blink182s old stuff tbh, I love the songs "I miss you" and "Down Down Down" not to pushed on most of their other stuff but I think they'd do ok if they got back together depending on how good the material was of course :P .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Blink 182 were a superb band at what they did. They made fun and easily accessible music and did it very well.

The last album was quite excellent (with some amazing drumming, particularly on 'Violence') and showed that they were more than just a teen punk/pop act.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Blink 182 were a superb band at what they did. They made fun and easily accessible music and did it very well.

The last album was quite excellent (with some amazing drumming, particularly on 'Violence') and showed that they were more than just a teen punk/pop act.

+1. Bang on, Xavi.

They're one of those bands that I'll listen to now and again just for the fun of it, regardless of their "teeny" image. The self-titled last album had some great tracks on it (although I did dislike as many as I liked).

I doubt they'll be getting back together, but it's a miracle Travis is still alive to even make these rumours possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Their greatest hits albums is one of the better ones around. fantastic singles band

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Didn't two of the band nearly die in a plane crash this year?
    I'm not a fan and I'm not really interested either, but I'll give you all I know.

No, the drummer was involved, but he got 2nd & 3rd degree burns, his assistant and friend died in it though, among 2/3 others. Their producer Finn (I don't know his first name) died from a hemorage aswell. Also one of the bands good friends die in a car crash aswell. The sad thing is all that happened within 3 months. It's reportedly said from the band itself the have started meet up again and hung out with each other, which obviously means they're talking again. They said they only talked about their own personal things, and a reunion didn't even cross their minds yet, but they say it's still a posibility and are never saying never.

So for fans, I'd say there is a massive chance that they're getting back together. Also, sorry for forgetting, the drummer is expected to make a full recovery, so he'll be alright.

cool that clears things up

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Travis will be playing with DJ AM on new years, they were the only two survivors of the crash of the six on the plane. It will be their first gig since the crash...Good to see that they will be back to business...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

blink 182 whare good but now thare music is to 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Blink were a great band, definitely one of my favorites.
    Their live album 'The Mark, Tom and Travis Show' is the best live album I have by a mile.

Advertisement