Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wifi on my ipod touch wont work

Options
  • 30-11-2008 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

can anybody tell me why it might not work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Need more info! :) What type of encryption are you using? Are you sure you're entering your passphrase correctly? Have you selected the right type of encryption if you entered all the settings manually? If you're hiding the SSID of the network, have you entered this correctly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

Restart the device and also the wireless router to start anyway.
    Then work from there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

dont have a clue bout that.
    but i was using free wifi in mcdonalds nd it wouldnt work

would it have anything to do with safari

Maybe the wifi in McD's broke......?

Maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You're not connected unless you see the three semi-circles beside 'iPod' in the top left. Open Settings, WiFi, turn it on and it will scan for networks. If you don't see a padlock beside a network, tap it to connect. This doesn't mean you'll have an Internet connection, though. As mentioned, it could be that wifi is down in McDonald's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried using it anywhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

no. i dont have wifi in my house nd da only place i tried it was mcdonalds.

da strange thing is that the ipod found the eircom wifi but safari (search engine) wouldnt connect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Both Mickey D's and Eircom Hotspots require a login prior to connecting, you can pick up them cards at the counter (look like scratch cards) and with Eircom hotspots, you have to be an Eircom customer (in most cases).

Well it could just be the simple fact that the internet connections was down but WIFI was still active.

Have you tried connecting your iPod in another location?

Also use proper spelling in your posts.....;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bmcgrath wrote: »
    Well it could just be the simple fact that the internet connections was down but WIFI was still active.

Have you tried connecting your iPod in another location?

Also use proper spelling in your posts.....;)

Indeed!:) If you expect people to go to the bother of reading your posts and offer solutions at least have the courtesy to go to the bother of posting with proper spelling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement