Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house - how to manage aquarium

Options
  • 30-11-2008 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi guys. I have had my tropical freshwater tank (100l) for the past 18 months and everything is going well with it - healthy fish and looks great. The problem is however that I am moving house next month and obviously I want to bring the tank and fish with me. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how I'd go about this - what would the safest way of transporting the fish be, will I have to cycle my tank again when I move and if so what can I do with the fish in the meantime. Sorry if these sound like ridiculous questions but haven't been in this situation before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

you should buy some water containors to bring the water with you to the new house/ ? how long will the move be?, you can keep the sponges in a bucket with the water from the tank, and use a battery powered air pump to keep the water oxigenated, for your fish you will need to bag them up fairly good if they will be in the bags a long time they will need to be bagged very well, and i recomend a polystyrene box to keep there temperature stable,,,if you got any probs or need some bags or advice,
    give the lads in fintastic aquatics a ring in dunlaoighaire,, they will be only willing to help,,
    01 2145442

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I was able to borrow a few empties from a water cooler to transport my water in, they were very handy! I transport fish in "Lock and Lock" lunchboxes.
    Better of setting aside an evening or half day of moving just to concentrate on the tank. If you move quickly you will be able to empty the tank, move it and refill it easily enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

few empties from water cooler,,, thats a good idea making life handier

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Advertisement