Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS - anybody have a recent experience

Options
  • 30-11-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to set up a wireless network at home. I have an existing wireless network, a cable broadband to which I've just added a wireless router so that I can use the laptop on the go. I'm toying with the idea of adding my external hard drive and printer to the wireless network too so I'm jsut wondering if anybody has any recent experience in setting up such a network.

I've had a look through a few other threads, notable this one. Don't really want to get an additional router as I'm happy with the existing one, so I was looking at getting a networked attached storage. This seem to be tricky to set up, so has anybody an recent experience with them? think i can get a apple time capsule as another option but i dont really need another hard drive!

Any suggestions/recommendations?

EDIT: would this be a viable option? I think it's what i need...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

I've had good success with this http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97390 . Just add an internal hard drive and away you go. I have a 250GB in mine. The web interface is very basic and sometimes confusing, but if you are techy enough, you will figure it out.

I also have it configured for FTP so I can access files over the Internet. Works great and has got me out of a jam numerous times.

The box is available in either IDE or SATA.

Advertisement