Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registering a new car for specific number plate

Options
  • 01-12-2008 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I am confused(as opposed to usual) because I saw an Audi A4 new shape today with the registration 08 x 4 (x= not allowed mention registrations)

The Audi was not in the country until March 08 so how did this guy have the new shape audi with a number so early.

Can you pre-register even though the buyer would never have known the VIN, possibly because it had not been built in Germany

Registration 08 x 4
    Make AUDI
    Model A4
    Description 1.8 T FSI 120 MAN. SPOR SPORT
    Fuel Type PETROL

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

you can reserve the plates in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

copacetic wrote: »
    you can reserve the plates in advance.

Without even having any details of the car?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Without even having any details of the car?

yep, you pay the fee and request the plates in advance. when you actually register the car you give the
    details.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Aye and that fee is gone from €250 to €1000, so it won't be happening any more lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

And the A4 was launched on 23rd Jan (IIRC), so it was closer than you think, but Copacetic's right - you can pick a low number and stick it on a car that you buy later in the year, or you can pick a high number, but you can't put it on a car until the natural sequence reaches it.

• Advertisement

I'm just after realising i know that A4. If i recall correctly it's blue, and it's probably one of the most basic horrible A4's around. They should of used the €250 for som extra's lol

I'm just after realising i know that A4. If i recall correctly it's blue, and it's probably one of the most basic horrible A4's around. They should of used the €250 for som extra's lol

Your a freak. You stalked me to the door of my house and now you are following an Audi around. Jeez :D

Your a freak. You stalked me to the door of my house and now you are following an Audi around. Jeez :D

Lol, i'm sure they live somewhere near me. I've seen it a 1000 times in the last few months. Ahhh i take too much notice of cars haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Aye and that fee is gone from €250 to €1000, so it won't be happening any more lol:D

Porche driving idiots are into this rubbish, 0X D 911 and all that crap.

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Porche driving idiots are into this rubbish, 0X D 911 and all that crap.

Aye, and if you look in the Here's what i saw today thread there's a lad with an Ibiza, 06-kk-13124 which turns into Ibiza.

Likewise with rover 75's, bmw's, merc's, audi tt's (77), focus st170 (57120) etc etc. etc.

• Advertisement

08 L 1 always goes to that useless mayor in Limerick.(personal opinion)

O8 LK 1 always goes to some bimbo with a panchant for Merc SUV's.

Advertisement