Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so funny i forgot my meteor number

Options
  • 01-12-2008 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

heres the story, i bought a new fone 1st time connection pack, i ment to get an upgrade pack but got the 2 mixed up.. Anyways i misslaid the simcard details form - iv searched high and low every where in the house.. and cannot find it, it holds the pin1 number -

I have the IMEI and the Long serial number on the back of the sim card itself, i just dont have the Pin1 number or the Phone number either (cause i never used it too often) i sent meteor an email 2 weeks ago and heard nothing back

what else can i do, i know there is credit on the phone i dont want it to go to waste & my partner wants to join meteor so this is why i need to get the pin # first.

any toughts or sugestions would be great :)

does anyone here work for meteor?

p.s i never got to register the sim befor loosing the pin numbers.

i do know the numbers that iv text on it if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Phone Meteor customer support?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

spongbob wrote: »
    I have the IMEI and the Long serial number on the back of the sim card itself, i just dont have the Pin1 number or the Phone number either (cause i never used it too often) i sent meteor an email 2 weeks ago and heard nothing back

what else can i do, i know there is credit on the phone i dont want it to go to waste & my partner wants to join meteor so this is why i need to get the pin # first.

firstly, i'm not sure what your partner wanting to join meteor has to do with anything. she can just go into a shop and get a sim card herself.

but anyway, if your sim isn't registered meteor can verify you by 3 recently dialled (or texted) numbers. i'm not sure if they'll do it for you if you don't have the phone number. the sim number (the long serial number on the sim as you describe it) should be enough to identify the account but i don't know if they're allowed use it. give them a call on 1905, the worst they can say is no

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

hi there. i wanted to give him the sim that came with my phone as there is loads of credits on it.. otherwise he would have availed of the free sim offer.

il ring c-support see what the say.

thanks all!!

theres nothing they can do without the phone number lol

i know this can be done with o2 - meteor have different policys i supose

bumber

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I had a similar problem with meteor. Had the sim but not the card with the pin and phone number. I was told there was nothing they could do and that I would have to buy another card. I told them to stick it up their hole and you should do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Pop into one of their shops and explain to the sales assistant. They might be able to look it up on the system. I find it very hard to believe Meteor will not look up the account based on the SIM number.

Did you mention you had the SIM number when you called Meteor? What did you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

So, you want to get the PIN information for a SIM card that has not been registered, so they have no name or address to check against, and you don't even know the phone number of the SIM itself. This sounds very dodgy, and I'm not surprised they won't help. It could easily be that you've found/stolen the SIM and are looking to use it now, Meteor have no way of knowing this isn't the case.

If you used the SIM to call/text someone else, they should have the number. If you can't find the number at all, then it looks very suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Prove you own the card, then they will give you the PUK.

If not, sorry, but they will rightly so deny you it. Bottom line.

Boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Random wrote: »
    Pop into one of their shops and explain to the sales assistant. They might be able to look it up on the system. I find it very hard to believe Meteor will not look up the account based on the SIM number.

Did you mention you had the SIM number when you called Meteor? What did you say?
    I should really add to this (like others have) that if you can't verify something like recent calls, top up history, place of purchase etc then just give up now.

evening all. thanks for your comments

the story is the phone was bought from an local xtra-vision and the only reason why i bought this pack was because it was the only one they had left on the shelf at the time otherwise i would have bought an upgrade pack i have the original Packaging & matching labels matching the imei number. i even have the poxy sim to go with it:confused:

the only thing i have done was text my girlfriend so thats the only call history it has.

as far as i remeber meteor Always printed the 085 phone number on the side of there packaging they must have stopped this now..

i have no issue going in to a meteor shop and purchasing or availing of there (free sim promotion & 50euro call credit) i would just like to see if i can get the 4 digit default Pin # off the one i already have.

i supose i could return to the shop where purchased as see if they can scan it in on there till and see what happens?

after all i have emailed & called meteor c/care and they said they cant do anything -simple as-

i know for a fact that 02 can do this based on the unique sim serial number registered/not once you can back up the call history and last dial numbers ect

is there anyone from meteor on the forum reading this!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

Slightly off topic, but....

I got one of the free sim cards off them the other day. Even though only two people have my new number, I got a call from some tele-sales type company today...:confused: Either, one my two trusted contacts have passed my details to a third party. Or, Meteor have. Surely not! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

spongbob wrote: »
    it waqs bought from meteor and i have the original Packaging & matching labels matching the imei number. i even have the poxy sim to go with it :o)

What you could do, and I'm not sure if it would work, is bring all that into a Meteor shop, and see if anyone there can help out. Since you're not getting anywhere on the phone with them, talking face to face might be the answer. Worth a shot, you've nothing to loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

now i think of it, when you bought the phone they would have almost certainly take your name and address etc and would have put the phone number from the box and paired it with your imei.

go into the shop and see if they can look you up via the imei

Advertisement