Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History project title!

Options
  • 01-12-2008 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

hey, i'm doing my history project on the final year of east germany and the fall of the wall, but i have not idea for a title to put this all under! any suggestions please!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

hey, i'm doing my history project on the final year of east germany and the fall of the wall, but i have not idea for a title to put this all under! any suggestions please!

How about "The Re-Unification of Germany: 1988-1990"? Or you cold make it even more specific by including the months you'll be focusing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

An Fhile wrote: »
    How about "The Re-Unification of Germany: 1988-1990"? Or you cold make it even more specific by including the months you'll be focusing on.
    Ya something along those lines, ah i will probably be limiting to the final 12 months of east germany up to the fall of the wall, my teacher tells me i should be pretty specific!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Try be specific so when examiners are marking it, so you'll have eliminated all the main events of the 90's including Germany The more specific the title is the better the examiner's understanding of it. The person's sugestion above is a good one. Or you could talk about it being an example of the collapse of Communism in mid-europe maybe, whatever pleases you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Try be specific so when examiners are marking it, so you'll have eliminated all the main events of the 90's including Germany The more specific the title is the better the examiner's understanding of it. The person's sugestion above is a good one. Or you could talk about it being an example of the collapse of Communism in mid-europe maybe, whatever pleases you. :)
    good advice! any suggestions on a title so???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

"The Berlin Wall; an insight into The Fall of Communism in Europe."?
    "The effect of the Berlin wall on European politics."?
    "Life in East Germany in late 1989."?
    "The Fall of the Berlin Wall; The reunification of Germany."?
    "The comparison of West Germany and East Germany from 1961 to 1989"?

I dunno, they're off the top of my head!

I don't know a whole lot about the subject but I'm sure something will come to you, depends really on what area you're gonna be looking into it -if it's a social, politcal or an economic study. Or if you're just gonna give an overview of East Germany and the Wall etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

"Goodbye Lenin - the last year of the Berlin Wall and the DDR".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Germany: Pulling The Iron Curtain

You dont need to go for creativity, its not an english exam. Simple, descriptive titles will get you the points!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

"The Iron curtain draws to a close"

eh?...EH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

It's supposed to be really specific and shtuff so I wouldn't embellish it atol just state what your doing. Also methinks that you get the A type marks for a project that's really narrowed down eg on a few months instead of the entire year.

Advertisement